* DCS: F-14 Development Update! Scan, Lock, Fire! *

Cobra847

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Heatblur! I hope that F14 will bring some new level of interaction in DCS. Dogfighting this bird will have special spice when RIO is actual player. Looking forward to that ;). Also datalink is now finally on western side so I don't see a reason why same wouldn't be unleashed on Flanker crossover datalink. Thumbs up!

Reading the update the fluidity of chatter from the RIO will add greatly to the immersion. To me this is a big thing I think it will really make you feel your there in the cockpit especially combined with VR. This isn't currently replicated to a large extent in DCS i.e chatter, though this will be the first two seat proper combat aircraft for DCS it's going to be intriguing.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Reading the update the fluidity of chatter from the RIO will add greatly to the immersion. To me this is a big thing I think it will really make you feel your there in the cockpit especially combined with VR. This isn't currently replicated to a large extent in DCS i.e chatter, though this will be the first two seat proper combat aircraft for DCS it's going to be intriguing.

Never mind two seat aircraft, we need constant chatter implemented in all DCS aircraft, along with ATC and stuff but that's for another thread. Looking forward to this module just to have that chatter honestly!

Well general radio chatter then in DCS is lacking. I do have high hopes for the heatblur Tomcat.

I do think I am going to become completely and utterly addicted to the F-14.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I've never been so excited for a DCS module more than this. Amazing potential to be had here. I just hope that all the ambitions for the F-14 can be realised.

For JESTER, will he eventually be able to handle Non-combat procedures, i.e. reading checklists at your request, callouts during takeoff and landing, navigation prompts etc. It would add so much immersion...a real game changer.

My one wish....develop a Tornado Gr.1 or F-111 with JESTER AI.....the thing of dreams.

Please don't ignore the Viggen though, it's great but needs a few finishing touches.

For JESTER, will he eventually be able to handle Non-combat procedures, i.e. reading checklists at your request, callouts during takeoff and landing, navigation prompts etc. It would add so much immersion...a real game changer.

Since work proceeded on Jester since the update, in parts he is already able to do that. :smilewink: And he will have some surprises, too.

S!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

imagine some cheeky one-liners from jester while dogfighting or when the landing didn't go as planned :D

"junx, serious junx" :joystick:

<on mission failure>

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

* DCS: F-14 Development Update! Scan, Lock, Fire! *

imagine some cheeky one-liners from jester while dogfighting or when the landing didn't go as planned

If he does that, he better hope I don't have access to his ejection seat from my seat up front

If I do...bye, bye Jester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I am speechless. You guys go WAY beyond even ED themselves. You are setting the bar for others to follow, and you are making me fall in love with your product before it's even released.

Just incredible work.

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very, very beautifull!

I once have build the Tamiya F14A Tomcat (scale 1:32) and it still stands next to my flightsim seat :)

Unnecessary to explain, why I see much forward to your F14 release :)

Edit: is it possible, that you tell us something (pictures) about the carrier :smartass:?

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

Hope there's going to be comprehensive training tutorial for those of us lazy sods unwilling to read the manual! Looks beautiful though. Can't wait to see the skins.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |