Engine RPM - Switch or Slider?

Hi all.

I can see that the engine RPM control when in manual control mode is a switch on the throttle. In DCS, we can assign this to an axis. With an axis assigned, it moves the switch to its absolute position, just like the throttle; indeed, this is the way the switch is animated. However, with an axis assigned to engine RPM, it seems to act like a 3 position switch when I watch the prop pitch dial. If the axis is in the top 3rd, the prop pitch goes fine, bottom 3rd coarse, and middle 3rd neutral.

Does anyone know how it's supposed to work? Is is actually a 3 position switch, or an axis that varies pitch more like what you'd find in the P51 (without the constant speed governor)?

As it is right now it's worthless as an axis. The real aircraft had two buttons at throttle lever and that's the better right now. Same for trim and flaps that right now works like pushing buttons even setted in axis. Annoying feature.

S!

P.S.: anyway overall I love it, an awesome module. What I said looks like I don't... XD

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

As it is right now it's worthless as an axis. The real aircraft had two buttons at throttle lever and that's the better right now. Same for trim and flaps that right now works like pushing buttons even setted in axis. Annoying feature.

S!

P.S.: anyway overall I love it, an awesome module. What I said looks like I don't... XD

Yeah the trim thing is annoying, I think it's the same in other DCS aircraft.

Flaps are actually working pretty good for me on axis (mapped it to a rotary) - but for the stabilizer I´m also using buttons as those work way better for it than an axis.

I don't know about a rotary, I set flaps in a saitek quadrant lever, like P-51, and for 109 it works like "buttons", lever up "push the button" up, lever way down "push the button down, with a lot of lever movement useless. Same for trim set in Warthog throttle slider. Weird.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I put the prop pitch also on buttons, because the axis was useless.

But for me at least if i hold the button down it doesn`t change the pitch constantly, only a bit (about one min. on the clock) then it stops, so I have to keep pressing up and down the button constantly to apply more pitch change.

The button is on a Saitek TQ.

Does anyone else experience this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1

The RPM control is for manual backup to the automatic standard mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hi all.

I can see that the engine RPM control when in manual control mode is a switch on the throttle. In DCS, we can assign this to an axis. With an axis assigned, it moves the switch to its absolute position, just like the throttle; indeed, this is the way the switch is animated. However, with an axis assigned to engine RPM, it seems to act like a 3 position switch when I watch the prop pitch dial. If the axis is in the top 3rd, the prop pitch goes fine, bottom 3rd coarse, and middle 3rd neutral.

Does anyone know how it's supposed to work? Is is actually a 3 position switch, or an axis that varies pitch more like what you'd find in the P51 (without the constant speed governor)?

......this guy explains it pretty good.....similar switch to the k4

Edited by TwilightZone

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals