A-4 Skyhawk Question.

Angelthunder

The f4 along with the a4 were icons but f4 was way more versatile i think..Other than blowin tons of ex smoke and no guns in its early stages that were its two big draw backs...So in my mind,f4 shoulda been 1st..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

No is not, but it´s not in a short term anyway, plans are for an A-4M Skyhawk II, as for the other 2 models..let´s get what we have at hands now and then we´ll see..

Prowler

Thanks Prowler111.I would love to fly the USMC version.Any plans for a naval carrier variant also.Like the Charlie model or a fully modeled payware E/F version to go with it.Those would go great with a Vietnam map someday.

Yeap,prowler or intruder would be cool with a nam map...Ya already have the hueys guys needin something to rescue or shoot from it era..F5 on the ramp awaiting orders..
Razbam is already planning the A-6 Intruder along with the A-7E/D Corsair II for DCS World after the Harrier.But I don't think will be getting a Vietnam map anytime soon.As for the Skyhawk,I hope they'll add a carrier capable A-4 to go with the A-4M.

There are a few pages with the AF-1 (the Brazilian A-4M) on carriers: http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?50782-Brazilian-Skyhawks-in-action!-)

The module in question would be a dream come true for me. My dad flew #24 for VMA-211 for a number of years.

219917453_Dad2.thumb.jpg.41f637cee2e07c82c75900882edaddaa.jpg

Dad.thumb.jpg.bb2e2d05041c4008ca0724760c7359b7.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

let´s get what we have at hands now and then we´ll see..

Prowler

Well said, I guess most people love a dev with a list of 20 modules. For a change, I love a dev that sticks with the M2000 until it's FINISHED, before moving to another project.

The other 3rd parties have produced enough to quench my thirst for "early access" for a very long time.

With that said, WHEN the current module is FINISHED, I'd love the Av-8B and then the Phantom :smilewink:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

What makes you think the M model was not carrier capable? I have been trying to find a reference that indicated it wasn't but can't find one. It was built for the Marines, which does not necessarily mean that it wasn't capable of operating from a carrier.
I thought most Marine attack aircraft were stationed on land bases only while fighter aircraft for the Marines were usually sharing deck space on the carriers with other naval fighters.:huh:

• 2 weeks later...
For a change, I love a dev that sticks with the M2000 until it's FINISHED, before moving to another project.

With that said, WHEN the current module is FINISHED, I'd love the Av-8B and then the Phantom :smilewink:

Oh my god, devs can work on multiple things at the same time and release them in any state of readyness as desired, it´s not like a coder who currently squashes bugs for the Mirage has to work on the model and texturing for a Phantom or Harrier...:noexpression:

In fact, that´s what they are doing right now. The Harrier and Tucano modules are being modeled and textured, that´s completely seperate from the Mirage bug squatting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

• 1 year later...