Next Q&A? - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 06:20 AM   #51
lazduc

Nine, asks" Let me know what you want to talk to ED about, or who at ED you want to talk to!"

I would like to know who are the coders, who is their boss and who makes the decisions and has the final say on what is being developed. Be nice to know all the people involved with ED. I wonder how many people work on DCS and only DCS? Or does everyone at ED work on many projects in addition too DCS?

How about introductions to all the folks at ED and maybe a tour of the facility. Its hard to choose when you do not know who.....and what they do.

Laz
lazduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #52
Aries

Bring on the dude that has been in charge of explosions and effects from lockon till recently...
He must be a really good friend of the entire team...

...the few, the proud, the remaining...
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:21 AM   #53
Stratos

Two things If FC4 info is not yet available:

- Will the blast and frag damage be remodeled?

- Will RAF Akrotiri airbase be part of the Syria map?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #54
Pasquale1986

First, i think these Q&A's are extremely valuable for the community to get an inside in the "bigger plan" - very big thanks for that

The Question:

I would like to know if ED plans to release future aircraft possibly with upgrade packs or release upgrade packs for them. E.g. with the announced F-16C there are so many different versions out there. Will this be handled like with the Hornet, that ED pics a specific Airframe from a specific Lot of a specific Block or will these over time highly upgraded airframes be sold with the possibility of bying certain upgrade packs as addons?

Cheers

Personal Wishlist: Mig-29A Full Fidelity, Panavia Tornado IDS, any Heavy Bomber (as long as it‘s a beauty or a BUFF)
Pasquale1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #55
DanielNL

Chizh Q&A? (Does it require a Russian translator?)
experienced GCI, Mirage 2000C and AV-8B pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2014 -
Dell Visor WMR, RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI), Ryzen 5 1600X (6C/12T)
Awesome Buddyspike BlueFlag discord, best DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: F-18 - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #56
STABROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
So seeing as the previous Q&A with Nick was so well received, lets do another.

What would you like to do for the next Q&A, is there an individual or a subject you would like to see a series of questions on?

You can find the previous Q&A here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207133

Let me know what you want to talk to ED about, or who at ED you want to talk to!

Once I get some good ideas from you, I will take them back to the team and set up the next questions gathering thread.

Thanks!
NineLine/Norm
Hola

Tengo un problema con el Editor de misiones de la Open Beta
Debido a un problema con mi PC ,me vi obligado a reinstalar de nuevo la Open Beta
Pero me llevo una sorpresa relacionada co el apartado " Editor de misiones / Estructuras " , donde solamente me aparecen unas seis unidades , y no hay manera de que se corrija , aunque le active el " Reparar " , por lo que ruego me den soluciòn al problema
Gracias y saludos
STABROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #57
hannibal

I would like to hear about virtual reality and multi-crew developments.

Is there anything about plans for a DCS or flaming cliffs level experiences involving aircraft like a AH1 cobra or A6 intruder that involve a more hands multiplayer experience? (Other than the back seat L39)

Netcode and sync issues that limit such capability?
Will the huey and gazelle have proper vr suppprt for the doorgunners, let alone the multiseat slots them selves?

As a oculus rift user, i am dying to have a this kind of experience.. to promote online play and virtual reality.

Speaking of virtual reality.. i hope we can have the mouse right click function.. is there anything beyond for VR motion controls for in game functionality?

Thanks for any comments on this topic

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #58
falken76

Recently on about 5/14/2018 ED posted an add in russian looking for an experienced RTS developer. Is Eagle Dynamics planning on hiring that party on to work on Dynamic campaigns or improvements to the Mission Editor?
falken76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:21 PM   #59
Nate--IRL--
Veteran

Wouldn't mind c0ff or Chizh, just to get the nuts and bolts architecture of DCS, and maybe how it has evolved over time from Flanker (if Chizh was around back then)

Also the vision for the future DCS architecture. I see hints of a general Server/Client model being pursued, but overall it'd be nice to know a bit of technical detail as to how it all hooks together (not that I'm at all technical when it comers to programming).

Nate
Old 05-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #60
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

I suppose Mr. Nick would also be good this time.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote