My gps wont align, qual: no att appear

MivwTaupos

Also, make sure that you're not releasing the parking brake before you've fully completed the INS alignment. Releasing it before will break the alignment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I am having similar issues with the INS taking over 7 minutes to align on the carrier; land based seems to be more faster. You mentioned boxing the Stored HDG on the HSI immediately after switch to align the INS (CV). I looked and could not find that. Where is it and will this expedite the alignment?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

I am having similar issues with the INS taking over 7 minutes to align on the carrier; land based seems to be more faster. You mentioned boxing the Stored HDG on the HSI immediately after switch to align the INS (CV). I looked and could not find that. Where is it and will this expedite the alignment?

It is the STD HDG button near the middle of the bottom row of the HSI. It will not show up until after you have selected either CV ALGN or GND ALGN. If you use this option it will align in 30 seconds or so after you press it vs 8 minutes for the carrier option without it.

• 7 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:46 AM, Harker said:

Also, make sure that you're not releasing the parking brake before you've fully completed the INS alignment. Releasing it before will break the alignment.

This is great information, I couldn't figure out what was missing until I read your post.  Thanks!

Edited by Mysty

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals