Release date?

Aluminum Donkey

3 hours ago, F-2 said:

I’ve got a little bit on the Rafale’s avionics from someone who worked on it. True Grit is a company of SME so they have a lot we don’t. I am a little concerned about the Flight model though, but the benefit of the doubt is well earned.

you can find things on the Eurofighter's avionics too. some manuals about a trainer aircraft and development aircraft too

Spoiler

not saying that i have it, but just saying that it exists like a lot of other manuals(you can buy them or sometimes even find them just floating around online)

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Zahnatom said:

you can find things on the Eurofighter's avionics too. some manuals about a trainer aircraft and development aircraft too

Hide contents

not saying that i have it, but just saying that it exists like a lot of other manuals(you can buy them or sometimes even find them just floating around online)

Oh yea, I actually own that manual too and I forgot lol.

2022/8/24 PM11点19分,Harker说:
2022/8/24 AM2点57分,Zahnatom说:
2025 sounds more like a full release date to me rather than early access

Just keep in mind that both the Viggen and the F-14 are still in EA. The latter has been out for almost 3.5 years, the former for longer. I think the Typhoon will be released in EA before 2025, but definitely not be feature complete by then.

I would love to buy and participate in EA.With player's economic support and bug reports,Modules will be completed faster,And impatient players will happy.

4 hours ago, Nyaruko said:

With player's economic support and bug reports, Modules will be completed faster

Surprisingly enough, this isn't true. There's only so many tasks you can split module development into, and beyond a certain point, adding manpower will only decrease efficiency. For example, two modelers can't effectively work on a single 3D model at the same time. As a rule of thumb, adding manpower to a late project makes it later, unless it started out vastly undermanned.

Bug reports don't help until you're late in development, when the obvious stuff is done and you want the community to report more obscure issues.

• Like 1

19小时前,Dragon1-1说:

Surprisingly enough, this isn't true. There's only so many tasks you can split module development into, and beyond a certain point, adding manpower will only decrease efficiency. For example, two modelers can't effectively work on a single 3D model at the same time. As a rule of thumb, adding manpower to a late project makes it later, unless it started out vastly undermanned.

Bug reports don't help until you're late in development, when the obvious stuff is done and you want the community to report more obscure issues.

How much completeness are needed to release EA and Full?
I personally satisfied with F-14 and AJS 37,I have no knowledge about both EA and Full standards.

15 minutes ago, Nyaruko said:

How much completeness are needed to release EA and Full?
I personally satisfied with F-14 and AJS 37,I have no knowledge about both EA and Full standards.

I’m sure someone else can give a more authoritative answer, but I think EA can happen once the aircraft is usable as an aircraft and useful to a good extent in at least one of its major roles, beyond that developers have the discretion to wait until one or more specific features is complete.

I think ‘Full’ release state used to mean feature complete, now I think a module can achieve release state before some of its peripheral features are complete, these are done under the banner of “product sustainment”.

That’s just the way I think of it, I hope someone with actual knowledge of ED policy weighs in.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

TrueGrit/HB policy, not ED. This is something that devs themselves decide on, and in fact, those decisions are made individually for each module. The Viper was a bit of a disaster in EA, to say the least, so ED released the Apache with most of its systems complete, though FM, being really damn hard, is still very WIP. EA release happens when the devs think they have enough of a product to sell, and full release happens when they decide the main features are done. Those milestones will vary widely, depending on relative complexity of systems, FM and 3D modeling.

If I had a penny for every time ED have stated things that turned out to be, well to put it mildly, subjected to change, I'd be a millionaire by now 🙂

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

If I had a penny for every time ED have stated things that turned out to be, well to put it mildly, subjected to change, I'd be a millionaire by now 🙂

No, you wouldn't, you wouldn't even have money enough for a single new module. A cheap campaign in sales period perhaps? Not sure it would be enough at all with a few pennies  🤣🤣🤣      .

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

TrueGrit/HB policy, not ED. This is something that devs themselves decide on, and in fact, those decisions are made individually for each module. The Viper was a bit of a disaster in EA, to say the least, so ED released the Apache with most of its systems complete, though FM, being really damn hard, is still very WIP. EA release happens when the devs think they have enough of a product to sell, and full release happens when they decide the main features are done. Those milestones will vary widely, depending on relative complexity of systems, FM and 3D modeling.

You must be psychic; I was trying to set an EA standard that the EA F-16 met 😛

I was impressed with the standard HB insisted on before bringing the F-14 to EA, I could ‘feel’ the character of the plane from day 1.

There can be a huge difference between devs: I bought a ‘release’ standard module from another 3rd party dev (around 2018 I think) that has a terrible flight model, an inaccurate cockpit and nothing resembling a true manual. I put it aside and bought the ‘EA’ Viggen, and received substantial documentation, a beautiful flight model and well modeled, all-but-complete systems. HB could easily have brought it out of EA and done the few remaining things as a ‘mid life update’, but it seems like @Cobra847 won’t declare something complete until it meets very high production values. I applaud him for that, but I wonder if sales were lost because of the ‘EA’ tag…

Edited by Horns
Word choice

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

23 minutes ago, Horns said:

You must be psychic; I was trying to set an EA standard that the EA F-16 met 😛

It's called experience. 🙂 Yeah, the F-16 fiasco definitely set the standard for dubious EA releases for a long time to come. 🙂 

Yup, HB has very high standards, both the F-14 and the Viggen are top line modules. I'd expect the same to be true for the Eurofighter. I doubt any sales were lost, Viggen is a niche aircraft in first place, if you even know that it exists and what it is, you'll know if you want it or not.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 8:53 AM, AdrianL said:

Many things said in that interview have turned out to be wrong i.e. no new F-5, no Tornado, etc.

Does this now mean early '23 confirmed, plus an updated F5? 😉

i9 12900KS  |  3090ti 24GB  |  64GB 5200Mhz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum

GS-4 Seat  |  NLM V3  |  VPC MongoosT-50M2 Base  |  Warthog Throttle + stick  |  MFG Crosswind  |  Reverb G1

Optimization is what they could make it, HB falls on the "quality" side of performance vs. quality. They're on the detailed side, but they use all that detail.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the damage models, the F-14 is a little WIP, never had an issue with the Viggen. DM in DCS is rather random, anyway, we're still waiting for the proper X-ray damage model that WWII aircraft already get.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Zahnatom said:

nothing in 2023 and beyond ....

I was a bit saddened when I watched the video. I understand given that the F4 is so close to completion and they could use all hands on deck. I guess I was hoping that the module was closer to being completed than it actually is, which is my own fault and set myself up to to be dreamcrushed.

• Like 1

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, JOYFUL_CLOVR said:

I was a bit saddened when I watched the video. I understand given that the F4 is so close to completion and they could use all hands on deck. I guess I was hoping that the module was closer to being completed than it actually is, which is my own fault and set myself up to to be dreamcrushed.

Same, even though I'm trying to except much later, I was really sad that it didn't make an appearance. And when they were replying to Eurofighter comments, it really sounded like it is not close at all.

31 minutes ago, JOYFUL_CLOVR said:

24 minutes ago, Cunning_Raven said:

Same, even though I'm trying to except much later, I was really sad that it didn't make an appearance. And when they were replying to Eurofighter comments, it really sounded like it is not close at all.

I sympathise, really I do. When HB released the ‘A Coming Storm’ trailer many of us, me included, didn’t know the F-4 was in development and at the heads of the queue, so disappointment is understandable. With circumstances conspiring to delay things so much in the final crunch to EA for the Phantom, I guess they can’t estimate any timelines that go beyond it and may not be trying to, so that might explain HB talking down expectations.

Hopefully a certain person grows some pragmatism (if not humanity) and things will get back to normal in Europe sometime this year. After that we might get some indication on when we can expect the EF.

Of course, if that certain person was dumb enough to step across a border, things might get back to normal that much quicker. Wouldn’t it be ironic if it was a bomb dropped by a Typhoon…

Edited by Horns

Keep in mind that Heatblur basically adopted a policy of announcing modules only, if it's relatively mature and not too far away from release. The Eurofighter is an exception here as it was launched by True Grit and announced early. The collaboration came over a year after the Eurofighter was announced. That's probably the reason why you don't read/hear much, if anything about it.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the EF will not be released anytime soon. By that, I mean in 2023. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.