Targeting pod issue with waypoints

Bigmac83

Yep i make sure of that but it still a hit and miss for me if the pod will lock onto the wp target, some times it does and other times nope

I haven't seen such issues, normally problems like that are from user oversight or button gobbling. No offense intended.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I also had a problem with tgpod yesterday:

the first waypoint designate worked ok, the tgpod pointed to the waypoint. I could drop a bomb on the target, everything ok.

Then i switched the waypoint iir (propably a waypoint too far above ground), but the tgpod didn't follow. After that I couldn't designate the tpod anymore to a waypoint, also after switching it off and on again / undesignate /designate waypoint / tgpod. I also saw no crosses anymore and slewing was not possible. Very strange.

I haven't seen such issues, normally problems like that are from user oversight or button gobbling. No offense intended.

None taken, just wondering unless there is a range restrictions since tried at range 40 kms at flight level 260 and didnt lock on flew over the target and circled back at a range of 10km and locked on, than tried wp 2 and didnt work at any range

the first waypoint designate worked ok, the tgpod pointed to the waypoint. I could drop a bomb on the target, everything ok.

Then i switched the waypoint iir (propably a waypoint too far above ground), but the tgpod didn't follow. After that I couldn't designate the tpod anymore to a waypoint, also after switching it off and on again / undesignate /designate waypoint / tgpod. I also saw no crosses anymore and slewing was not possible. Very strange.

Assuming you have the TGP on the right DDI, SSS right once to set the right DDI as SOI. Double press the nws/undesignate button to switch to VVCL mode and then double press again to put it into snow plough mode. You can then from snow plough mode slew again.

I think that this is a bug, well at least I hope so as I have found this issue a few times.

An alternative method is to cycle the tracking mode (INR/ATRK/PTRK) Using SSS right, once you have the yard stick back on the screen it should be slewable. This method doesn't always work for me though and I have to use the method above.

Did you slew and TDC depress with the TPOD the active sensor before switching waypoints? If you did, then changed waypoint, the waypoint is no longer a designation source and the TPOD would not follow and this is expected behavior. You would NWS/Undesignate, then press designate on the HSI/SA page for the new waypoint.

If this isn't the case, I suggest posting a track so we can examine the sequence of events.

Assuming you have the TGP on the right DDI, SSS right once to set the right DDI as SOI. Double press the nws/undesignate button to switch to VVCL mode and then double press again to put it into snow plough mode. You can then from snow plough mode slew again.

This didn't work. SSS right didn't change anything on the flir-side.

This didn't work. SSS right didn't change anything on the flir-side.

Can you post a track of this?

How can i enter markpoints? When i press MK1-9 buttons on HSI noting happens...

When it shows MK1 and you press it it should change to MK2. That means that you have set Markpoint 1 and the next time you press it will drop Markpoint 2. There is no other indication that you've dropped it (actually I guess there is probably a mark on the HSI, but I haven't paid attention to that yet). The Markpoints are at the end (or before the beginning if you want to go backwards) of the normal waypoints AND won't show up if you have a SEQ active (the SEQ option needs to be unboxed).

Yep.

Finally - Mark Points.

I haven't flown in ages, and just don't like the way the FA18's sytstems and sensors are setup compared to the A10 and '16 (I know I can't change it lol)!

What I'm trying to achieve is to use mark points for GPS munitions.

Mark the 8 targets, and flip through them for delivery.

I'm almost there.

8 Mark points set. Great

Set to MP1 and I want the TGP to auto slave to the point. It doesn't - so I need to AMPCD 14 to WPDSG. Okay. If that's the way - so be it.

This is where it gets inconsistent.

If I go up to MP2 - the TGP doesn't track straight to it (sure that's by desigin :() so I then press WPDSG again. Sometimes it then jumps to it, and other times I have to undesignate and THEN WPDSG. On these occasions the WPDSG and WYPT buttons flash like they're pressed but nothing happens.

Undesignating and then WPSSG again will flip to the MP correctly.

Is this a work in progress problem, or just a lack of my TGP knowledge, which is highly likely :smilewink:

EDIT: Looks like we need to undesignate a couple of times and then WPDSG. Shame you can't just flip between the MPs / WPs.

EDIT 2: https://youtu.be/BYLy-8EKvJssays it all. Thanks for the video Chazflyz

Edited by MrReynolds