Mavericks. manual lazing

silent one

With the maverick the lazer use appears inconsistent. I dont know what if anything I'm doing wrong. If I set the manual trigger latch on the mfd laze and fire the missile when locked. at times I dont have to keep the trigger depressed to maintain lazing after launch. At other times if I release the trigger the lazing just stops. I cant tell why the manual trigger lazing is inconsistent. Can anyone enlighten me please :)

Im finding Im in range and its not lazing. I end up getting very close to the target before it will laze on its own. Thats why Im manually lazing.

With the laser armed while agm65e is selected, press and hold weapon release. The TGP will then begin to lase and keep doing so until shortly after impact.

For auto lasing: after you have target designated with TPOD, make MAV priority, once IN RNG and MAV uncaged (laser won't fire without these 2 parameters met for auto -- nor sure about manual) press and release weapon release button to start the lasing -- this allows you to make sure you get the filled box to tell you the MAV is tracking. Then you can press the weapon release to fire the MAV when desired. Laser will keep firing until about 10 seconds after projected impact time. Make sure you re-arm laser after each firing.

Other fun thing, if you want to lase and track prior to release to verify good track etc:

Box TRIG

Fire (and hold) laser

Uncage mav

Spot the laser

Release the weapon

wait 1-2 seconds

Release Trigger (cease laser)

The laser will continue to fire until timeout.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

MAV will be crossed out without a lock. With automatic lasing, the missile will fire as soon as it has a lock. Make sure the MAV page has the TDC assigned to it and hold the pickle button with the laser armed. The laser will begin firing and the Maverick seeker should pick it up. The cross over MAV on the HUD will disappear for only a split second before the missile comes off the rail.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Well these things aren't working right for me. I follow the steps exactly. Got one off, but I watched it fly from one corner of the TPOD screen to the other and impacted god knows where.

On my second attempt, I fired an IMAV first and it went flawlessly. On my second pass I tried LMAV following proper procedure and it refused to fire at all. I came back around to do manual lasing, and it still refused to fire.

Well these things aren't working right for me. I follow the steps exactly. Got one off, but I watched it fly from one corner of the TPOD screen to the other and impacted god knows where.

On my second attempt, I fired an IMAV first and it went flawlessly. On my second pass I tried LMAV following proper procedure and it refused to fire at all. I came back around to do manual lasing, and it still refused to fire.

Was the cross going solid? If not then check the laser arm. If it did go solid then something else is afoot

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Laser was armed but cross never going solid.

I did fire at 9.0nm on the first one, so laser range could be an issue there. But every single time I try to fire an LMAV after an IRMAV it refuses to fire, even at 5~7nm with the TPOD automatically lasing (indicator in HUD and TPOD page flashing).

Laser was armed but cross never going solid.

I did fire at 9.0nm on the first one, so laser range could be an issue there. But every single time I try to fire an LMAV after an IRMAV it refuses to fire, even at 5~7nm with the TPOD automatically lasing (indicator in HUD and TPOD page flashing).

Same issue here. I followed the procedure even with Chck's guide, no way. Keeping pressed the weapon button of my hotas until 2 miles from the tgt without firing any mav. What's strange to me is if I box the trigger, it works, but in auto mode not in manual one. :joystick:

Edited by Khamul

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

When I tried it yesterday, it always worked when attacking vehicles. Also managed to hit a spot on the ground. But firing at buildings (at least the ones that are always there, i.e not manually placed ME objects) seems very wonky. In maybe 1/8 attempts I got a lock. One time I managed to fire by violently pitching and rolling while holding the pickle button. So it looks like it’s related to angles and line of sight or something like that? I noticed that when you lase a building’s higher floors, the Tpod is ground stabilized behind the building. I guess this makes sense, but maybe it’s also what’s causing the issue in DCS?

Edited by Bankler

There is something with moving targets now too. It looks like MAV is tracking last designated TGT point and does no longer update it's tracking from PTRK on TPOD. This means that if target has moved sufficiently, it cannot find the laser spot as it is looking into wrong direction.

And because you can't re-designate target spot without coming out of PTRK (In PTRK, TGT is still last spot designated as target) it's quite difficult to get a permanent lock on sideways moving targets.

That or I'm now doing something wrong which used to work before last patch.

Ok now is working also for me, I, probably, was doing something stupid wrong in the sequence.

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr