Why Dubai? How ED decides on which map to make. - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #11
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread_Head57 View Post
Lol, triggered much? It was 30yrs ago, get a grip.
Yes , and 30 years later , families are still mourning .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:47 PM   #12
Mower
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread_Head57 View Post
Plus it adds Iran for the upcoming F14.

HAHAHAHA...oh you were serious...
Old 12-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #13
Mower
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zius View Post
Unfortunately (?) Fulda doesn't have oil...

Stragtegically and historically, oil is an EXCELLENT causu beli.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #14
Weta43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsmokey View Post
Less than appropriate...

Ah screw it....

That post is vile , sir , just vile
If I have offended any of the family, friends, loved ones or countrymen and women of those on Iran Air Flight 655 I apologise.

That was not my intention.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:07 AM   #15
DmitriKozlowsky

It is Middle East. Predicting a war, small, med, or major is safe bet. There is already a medium sized conflict in Gulf. Yemen. Syrian Civil War, Iraqie insurgency and counter-terror. Plus piracy in Arabian Sea and Gulf Of Aden. SA and GCC are trying to recreate Desert Storm by bombing Iran supported Yemeni faction into sand and dust. Then there is a very possible if not inevitable showdown between Iran and Israel. The region is a mess.
DmitriKozlowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #16
JayBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitriKozlowsky View Post
It is Middle East. Predicting a war, small, med, or major is safe bet. There is already a medium sized conflict in Gulf. Yemen. Syrian Civil War, Iraqie insurgency and counter-terror. Plus piracy in Arabian Sea and Gulf Of Aden. SA and GCC are trying to recreate Desert Storm by bombing Iran supported Yemeni faction into sand and dust. Then there is a very possible if not inevitable showdown between Iran and Israel. The region is a mess.
Although I agree with you the region is a total mess and a the Strait's wick is just waiting for a match to light it, The Arabian Sea isn't really all that modelled, nor would a piracy scenario make sense for any aircraft in DCS, maybe the AH-1 when it comes along. Israel nowhere near the map, neither is Yemen.

However much I do enjoy the map and the airbases are utilized by US/Coalition forces, the map is somewhat difficult to work up a realistic campaign scenario; with the exception of planning another global conflict, it can be difficult to justify military operations between the US and Iran. I would have much rather have seen the Syria map, or Afghanistan map, or even Iraq as the terrain we received; I know those are all "coming" but I doubt we'll see anything for a number of years.

I do still hold out that ED will model the basic areas of Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Southeastern Iraq, and some of Northern Oman, but I fear that will never come about.

YouTube

Steam

Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD

Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | CH Pedals
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #17
DmitriKozlowsky

The areas you want are boring. Its all flat and sand and rocks. OMan and Iran at least have mountains and varied terrain. As does NTTR. No place to hide from SAMs.
Normandy can stand in place of Central or Eastern Europe. Just wish that Normandy would have winter textures. I would like Eastern Europe, Baltic, and Scandanavia for authentic NATO ops. Maybe Bering Strait, Kamchatka, and Aleutians Island chain.

Last edited by DmitriKozlowsky; 12-18-2018 at 09:28 AM.
DmitriKozlowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #18
David OC

We also don't know if this map was part of a commercial contract. It's a great real word training ground.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #19
JayBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitriKozlowsky View Post
The areas you want are boring. Its all flat and sand and rocks. OMan and Iran at least have mountains and varied terrain. As does NTTR. No place to hide from SAMs.
Normandy can stand in place of Central or Eastern Europe. Just wish that Normandy would have winter textures. I would like Eastern Europe, Baltic, and Scandanavia for authentic NATO ops. Maybe Bering Strait, Kamchatka, and Aleutians Island chain.
They might be relatively flat but modern conflicts have all been fought there with aircraft we have available in DCS, can't say the same for Iran.

A Scandinavian/Baltic map would be my number one choice for the next terrain; theres so much that could be done there that could correlate to potential conflicts for the past 80 years.

YouTube

Steam

Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD

Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | CH Pedals
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:16 AM   #20
Mastiff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshZeCorgi View Post
Is Eagle Dynamics predicting a large scale conflict in that area in the near future?

Kind of wish they worked on a Korean war map for the mig and saber and possibly a Vietnam map for the Huey/mig21 and upcoming phantom.
it's as if you where over at Battlefront telling them when they made syria v USA Shock Force 1, if they were planning a conflict there to, and not to mention when Black Sea mission too, was released happen to be a coincidence with that conflict too.

Not to hard to tell where the next one will be...

many military conflict zones on the world ATM.
Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||VKB,MCG\ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR
32 Samsung|| 1x9inc||
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote