How to add TACAN to tanker?

Hi Guys,

How can I add a TACAN to a (KC-135) tanker in the mission editor? I simply want to provide the ability for the player to find the tanker by vectoring on a TACAN signal, but I can't find any way of installing/adding a TACAN radio (with a designated frequency) to the tanker.

Any ideas?

JC

Intel i7-2600K 3.4Ghz

ASUS P8P67 EVO Motherboard B3

Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX (2x4GB) DDR3

OCZ RevoDrive PCI-Express SSD 120GB

Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler

2 xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX

TM Warthog Hotas

TrackIR 5 Pro

I think whenever I add a tanker in the ME it already has the activate tacan item already in the menu but its greyed out and I can never edit it. I always just deleted it then add a new "activate tacan" and then I can edit it at will. I have no idea if this is a common method or what, its just what I do to make it work, hope it helps.

Thanks guys, especially Cibit. The JTAC guide is excellent, and solved the problem. Thanks!

JC

Intel i7-2600K 3.4Ghz

ASUS P8P67 EVO Motherboard B3

Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX (2x4GB) DDR3

OCZ RevoDrive PCI-Express SSD 120GB

Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler

2 xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX

TM Warthog Hotas

TrackIR 5 Pro

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How to set up tacan for KC-130? I found for KC-135 but KC-130 doesn't have as I see

For the KC-130, this can conceivably be done using the Moose framework AATACAN. For what it's worth, I tried this myself and had some problems with the Moose TACAN possibly interfering with other TACANs in the game, even though they were set up on different frequencies.