How to prevent the zoom out?

harf4ng

Hi,

When we start a flight, the game has a given view, then slowly zoom out to get another view...

I know the snap views are configured in snapviews.lua, in our user config folder.

Now, my question would be, how to make that the game just starts at the view we want, without any zoom out after?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

In short, you don't. There has been a lot of discussion from time to time on this "feature", as most folks tend to not care for it obviously.

You can stop it when it first starts by hitting the zoom briefly.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you have zoom assigned to an axis you can limit the max zoom out in the responses menu

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Though the issue is just that with my triple screen setup I have to setup a very close zoom in fov in order for the fov to be good after the zoom out.

Therefore the plane is unflyable with such a zoom, and I have to pause the game and wait for the good zoom out to be ok, or I have to manually change the zoom.

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Though the issue is just that with my triple screen setup I have to setup a very close zoom in fov in order for the fov to be good after the zoom out.

Therefore the plane is unflyable with such a zoom, and I have to pause the game and wait for the good zoom out to be ok, or I have to manually change the zoom.

It has been discussed to death. ED is well aware, or should be, that nobody likes it. It will get changed when, and if, ED deems it worthy of the time. IMHO, of course.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Do you have such a zoom out in DCS 2.0 too?

Every plane seems to have a default wide zoom where the zoom-out at start up finishes.

I've gone into the responses menu and adjusted the saturation on my slider to match this.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2286120&postcount=1

So upon starting, it only takes a second or two for the game to finish the effect and when I touch the slider it just snaps to the same FOV

The max unlimited wide FOV in DCS is way too wide at about over 90d. It makes everything fish eyed. So it's a good thing it can be fixed in responses. Trying to limit this in the config files will not work since many missions override the setting.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have zoom assigned to a button on my joystick, I just tap it quickly as the zoom out starts and it stops it right there. Quick and easy.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 year later...

There is a way to configure the view to set the default FOV and max FOV (aka zoom) to the same values. In result there is no zoom out efect when entering the cockpit.

The obvious draw back is that with this settings it's possible only to zoom-in. Generally I assume it's not an issue on bigger monitors.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116&page=24

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all