Radar TWS

Joni

I noticed that the lock command locks any target regardless of where the TDC is located. This makes it difficult to choose which target to put on TWS.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I noticed that the lock command locks any target regardless of where the TDC is located. This makes it difficult to choose which target to put on TWS.

I have little to no problem locking the contact that I want when they are overlaping, could you show us a video highlighting the issue .

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I have little to no problem locking the contact that I want when they are overlaping, could you show us a video highlighting the issue .

Even after last update? I will try to upload something. thanks.

Even after last update? I will try to upload something. thanks.

After which update ?

1.5.8 : I did a mission where I needed to engage a specific contact in an overlapping group and have done it no problem. (Only did it one or two times tho)

2.2 : Not tested here...

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

I had some similar problem too. I lock a target and then I lost the lock and my TDC centered itself (maybe i unlocked the target, can't remember). I slewed the TDC again on another contact and pressed lock, but it locked the old contact again. Then once the TDC recentered itself, I pressed lock and it locked the same contact again, which was not even close to the TDC.

• Like 1

I think there is an issue with lock, sometimes I have to press the button a few time to achive lock. Do you guys have rhis problem too ? All of this might be linked...

Yes, here also.

I think there is an issue with lock, sometimes I have to press the button a few time to achive lock. Do you guys have rhis problem too ? All of this might be linked...

Same here, but more frustrating is that I constantly losing my lock on target flying lower then me. M2000 doesn't cary as many missles as I would like to, so every missle counts. Losing lock doesn't really happen to "arcade planes" (FC3). This is just unfair.

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

Same here, but more frustrating is that I constantly losing my lock on target flying lower then me. M2000 doesn't cary as many missles as I would like to, so every missle counts. Losing lock doesn't really happen to "arcade planes" (FC3). This is just unfair.

Losing lock due to doppler notching is realistic. It's not RB fault if the other plaines are not losing lock as often

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Guess you need to learn more how the Doppler radar works ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Losing lock due to doppler notching is realistic. It's not RB fault if the other plaines are not losing lock as often

Still it's a little bit too easy currently.

We would need to test how long a target has to stay in the beam to break HFR STT lock from F-15C for comparison (guiding an AIM-7M for instance, so we are sure the radar is in HFR mode).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

We would need to test how long a target has to stay in the beam to break HFR STT lock from F-15C for comparison (guiding an AIM-7M for instance, so we are sure the radar is in HFR mode).

I'm not sure using the F-15 as reference is a good idea as FC3 modules are arcadish in their system simulation and the real radars might not have the same sensibility regarding doppler notch.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

I'm not sure using the F-15 as reference is a good idea as FC3 modules are arcadish in their system simulation and the real radars might not have the same sensibility regarding doppler notch.
Agree. It d be good to have an sme to know more about that.

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

Agree. It d be good to have an sme to know more about that.

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

I really doubt any Air force pilot would talk about his aircraft radar capabilities on an open forum, even more when the aircraft is still in active service (Even more when the plane and pilot are French).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

We are in DCS World, and it's always interesting to know how DCS World handles the beam in HFR mode. These is the PRF used by F-15C, MiG 29, Su 27 and Mirage 2000C to guide Fox 1 missiles.

These fighters are from the same generation so it's fair to compare, even if there are some technological differences in real life, they have to share some pieces of code in DCS World.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

We are in DCS World...These fighters are from the same generation so it's fair to compare, even if there some technological differences in real life, they have to share some pieces of code in DCS World.

Totally agree!

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO