Some Comparison Shots of the Free Caucasus Update

NineLine

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a personal perspective I wouldn't mind paying for the upgrade, I appreciate everyone is expecting it for free, however, IMPO ED have put a lot of work into the new map and someone has got to pay for that time and effort.

I mean if I buy a BMW tomorrow I don't go back to BMW next year and say, her upgrade my car for fee :)

I know how long modelling and texturing takes, for instance the V1 Rocket Model / Mod Naked and I released, it took me probably about a week to model and texture that so for a whole map it would take months :)

just my two penneth :)

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

From a personal perspective I wouldn't mind paying for the upgrade, I appreciate everyone is expecting it for free, however, IMPO ED have put a lot of work into the new map and someone has got to pay for that time and effort.

I mean if I buy a BMW tomorrow I don't go back to BMW next year and say, her upgrade my car for fee :)

I know how long modelling and texturing takes, for instance the V1 Rocket Model / Mod Naked and I released, it took me probably about a week to model and texture that so for a whole map it would take months :)

Cheers Specter

You could donate? Not sure how.

Cheers Specter

Its time and money, but the whole idea of having a "Free Base game" its great, you can fly the SU25T and P51D Civilian for free, and I know a lot of people have started with this free packs and move up to buy the entire ED/3rd party fleet and maps.

So showing a 5 year old map and textures its not the best try before buy idea, im sure all the work done on the free caucasus will show up later with other maps.

And personally I dont agree with you, we have only the caucasus map, for the last 9 years, I know the caucasus better than my own country at this point, so if they decided to charge for the upgrade my entire clan will riot, as they are expecting ED to put all the work on pushing Nevada and Normandy out of Alpha and or release Hormuz. so charging for a not asked upgrade (tought welcomed) on a map that we cant wait to move away from its not the best Public Relations idea.

• Like 3

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Its time and money, but the whole idea of having a "Free Base game" its great, you can fly the SU25T and P51D Civilian for free, and I know a lot of people have started with this free packs and move up to buy the entire ED/3rd party fleet and maps.

So showing a 5 year old map and textures its not the best try before buy idea, im sure all the work done on the free caucasus will show up later with other maps.

And personally I dont agree with you, we have only the caucasus map, for the last 9 years, I know the caucasus better than my own country at this point, so if they decided to charge for the upgrade my entire clan will riot, as they are expecting ED to put all the work on pushing Nevada and Normandy out of Alpha and or release Hormuz. so charging for a not asked upgrade (tought welcomed) on a map that we cant wait to move away from its not the best Public Relations idea.

100 % :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I agree.

The term FREE has been emphasized endlessly when the powers that be tell us how great it's going to be, in these threads.

It's a normal business model, but it's not any kind of charity the DCS company isn't operating on your prayers and best wishes lol.

I certainly won't be begging for them to release it.

I simply stopped buying modules until it's delivered, I have no grandiose idea that it matters to anyone but myself but I do suspect others feel and are doing the same.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

mithandra,

I understand your feeling and I feel the same ;)

If you want to support ED development effort for Caucasus / DCS 2.5, just buy a module or a map from them.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Does anyone know about the uncovered terrain in the map? The north western and south western part has some nice terrain and with the addition of carrier planes like the Harrier and F18 it would be nice to have a modelled map all around the black sea (especially the north western part).

Trees too close to runways?

As an ex arms control inspector I have been on about 10 ex-soviet airfields including Olenya, Saratov, Ulan Ude, Borispol, Rostov,Tbilisi etc and photographed from around 3000ft dozens more. Let just say the standards re runway obstacles and cleanliness of the manoeuvring areas are different to ours in NATO. For me this update looks great.

Mick

Win 10, Intel Core i5 2400, 16MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS, rudder pedals,

What a beauty :D

Fully agree. C-101 cockpit looks rely great. I'm sure getting it as a go-to trainer for western aircrafts though have to admit that I'm holding to my wallet until PFM comes out.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Actually it’s EFM

I wasn't correct as it seems not to be PFM. AvioDev stated it's an AFM (so like the Su-25T):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3297292&postcount=487

Edit:

You must have a lot of free time lads biggrin.gif

Multitasking ;)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all