VKB-Sim MCG. Questions. Answers. Advice.

UIV

Getting stuff within EU is simpler, or course, but customs and taxes things are overrated. I regularly get things from China or USA by mail in EU as individual. Of course, you have to pay taxes, which adds to the price, but you need to do it anyway. Paperwork for clearing the item from customs is very simple, and it can be done online in 3 minutes (if you have electronic copy of invoice included with the parcel), it is really not big deal. Why VKB do not have an option for EU customers to order directly from China, is a big mystery for me.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still on holiday and will not check in for another few days; just a quick update:

EU, yes, has been a pain logistically. New models have always been later to EU than NA.

We are thinking about how to lay the end to it but this is tomorrow.

Talking about today's situation, a large shipment is being prepared to sail off to EU in the middle of January. It will be enough to carry out all existing orders, plus stock up a storage worth probably half a year sales volume.

EU customers can order from China, and they do occasionally, but then they have to deal with the tax and all that mess themselves, which as they very soon discover, is no big fun.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

I figured I didn't want to wait for some ship that might sail off from China in the middle if january, so I placed an order on the russian site today. Since I live in a non-EU country, I'll have to deal with customs anyway.

There was no options for payment or delivery. But I guess they'll accept Wester Union or the like. I'll let you know how things work out.

EU, yes, has been a pain logistically. New models have always been later to EU than NA.

We are thinking about how to lay the end to it but this is tomorrow.

Very much looking forward to this. I'm pretty sure you'd have a good customer base in EU, if the products were readily available.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Just got my MCG Pro today. Unscrewed the Warthog with extension from my home pit center pedestal, screwed the MCG Pro with extension into its place. The MCG sits at least an inch higher comparing the palm rest and side hat switches, so I need to offset my stick mount down into the center pedestal box by at least that much to have the stick sit at the same height (matching my real F-4 stick's height).

This stick is impressive. I don't mind the plastic grip. In fact, my real F-4 stick has a heavy plastic grip over a metal core, but the plastic has a glass smooth/glossy finish.

The only thing I will miss from the Warthog is the weight. My real stick feels heavy, too... especially since the entire stick mechanism is metal including a large transducer box just below the stick.

Even with the heaviest springs (number 50), the MCG feels fairly light around the center. You can really start feeling the springs/cams as you get to the last 10-20% of the movement range. But unlike my F-4 stick setup, the force when pulling all the way back isn't anywhere near heavy enough to cause any real fatigue during heavy dogfighting.

I can wait to try flying with this stick. No "stiction" of any kind and moves exactly the way you want it. I monitored its calibration/precision using JoyTester2. Calibration of all axes was dead-on out of the box. Precision of the main pitch/roll axis was 12-bit (the Warthog is reallly 14-bit, despite marketing claming 16-bit). While I love the ultra-sensitive 16-bit resolution of the Warthog and my ability to use that precision with an exention, the MCG 12-bit axes are so smooth and precise, that they will make it hard to tell that they are in any way inferior to the Warthog when you are actually flying versus controlled bench testing. The idea of having the analog brake lever to support Russian planes like the MiG-21 and some others like the Spitfire is great, too.

Disassembly to change the springs/adjust the dampers is very easy/straight forward. So the engineering is not only much better than the Warthog for game use, but also for tuning/repairs. Unless something prematurely fails or I run into trouble trying to configure the stick, I see myself being very happy with this stick for a very long time.

If you have the money and the patience to wait for one to be delivered, I highly recommend the MCG Pro!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can anyone post the control mappings of the PAK-FA that this grip is based on?

Here it is in Russian:

ZaIbHdA.jpg

This post helps out with translating some of them ... can anyone complete the rest or otherwise provide more information?

Also, as the linked post says, the annotations may not be so accurate. So if anyone has got accurate ones, that would be great!

I figured I didn't want to wait for some ship that might sail off from China in the middle if january, so I placed an order on the russian site today. Since I live in a non-EU country, I'll have to deal with customs anyway.

There was no options for payment or delivery. But I guess they'll accept Wester Union or the like. I'll let you know how things work out.

I also went ahead with the Russian website since i live outside of Europe ( Kuwait ) however there are no option for payment or delivery the website states that i should wait for an email clarifying how to pay and what method they should use to deliver . I usually order from their EU site , i ordered twice with EU site hassle free, have you dealt with the Russian website before , is it trusted .

I also went ahead with the Russian website since i live outside of Europe ( Kuwait ) however there are no option for payment or delivery the website states that i should wait for an email clarifying how to pay and what method they should use to deliver . I usually order from their EU site , i ordered twice with EU site hassle free, have you dealt with the Russian website before , is it trusted .

In your situation (Kuwait) you might as well try buying directly from China. What stops you from contacting the sales team?

Go to the site, then follow the directions in attachments.

1990732657_toppage.thumb.jpg.0d13ad3296aeb1afdf1f6f1ec2b2ebf4.jpg

contacts.jpg.0a20c312bd1d47436cd131b29762ffe0.jpg

>

AeroGator

..have you dealt with the Russian website before , is it trusted .

I haven't, but I think some other guys in here have. Seeing as I didn't give away any of my credit card details there, the question will not be if I trust the website, but if I trust the people behind it, which are VKB.

I'll see how things progress whether I'll go ahead with the payment or not. It's been two days since I got the automated email saying they'd contact me, without them doing so. But since we're coming off holidays I'll cut them some slack.

Edited by SACG_Yeti

What stops you from contacting the sales team?

Go to the site, then follow the directions in attachments.

I remember someone saying something about not kicking the kitchen door somewhere in here ;-)

I figure they see my order and reply accordingly. How sellers intitially respond to customers usually says a lot about how well they'll handle the rest of the process.

Edited by SACG_Yeti

Are GF Pro with MCG pro orders still expected to ship this week?

:music_whistling: and how am I supposed to guess what country you are from?.. :music_whistling:

Anyway. Generally speaking, YES - the DHL truck is coming to our facility Friday morning.

That will draw a line under like 99.5% of all pro/pro pre-orders.

Hope, you fall in this number :)

Have fun!

>

AeroGator

I was contacted by VKB China today, about the order I placed on the 1th. The Gunfighter Pro with the MCG Pro was available now. I've made the money transfer with Western Union, and hopefully it will be on it's way to me very soon.

Edited by SACG_Yeti

Does anyone have a measurement from top to bottom of the Gunfighter Pro base with the extension and a MCG mounted?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

One last follow up question, can I order the MCG Pro without any labels at all? Labels on either this of the TECS might be a deal breaker for me...I hate labels.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

My GF + MCG Pro should be arriving today. What is it I need to do (or not do) to avoid damaging the dry clutches?

Edit: got it.

Edited by exray

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

Just received my MCG-Pro and Gunfighter base about 5 minutes ago.

Yes, it took that long to open the packaging. Very well done!

Placed the stick in my hand and pressed through the buttons . . . . two words to describe it . . . . HOLY CRAP!

:) :joystick:

• Like 1

One last follow up question, can I order the MCG Pro without any labels at all? Labels on either this of the TECS might be a deal breaker for me...I hate labels.

Does anyone have a measurement from top to bottom of the Gunfighter Pro base with the extension and a MCG mounted?

1 - A bit too busy today to carry out all I promised, so just briefly:

- we were considering it at the beginning, and it looked possible, not so much now, BUT do not despair we requested the factory right 10 minutes ago. there is a chance they say yes. will reply to you either later tonight, or some time tmrw.

2 - Same, morgen morgen nur nicht heute - either tmrw, or a day or two later we will post up a drawing with dimensions. Can;t firmly promise exact day but just "as soon as we ship out the last remaining pre-orders". Which is real soon.

Do _not_ hesitate to remind me. I do tend to forget things like this, so don't feel embarrassed.

• Like 1

>

AeroGator

1 - A bit too busy today to carry out all I promised, so just briefly:

- we were considering it at the beginning, and it looked possible, not so much now, BUT do not despair we requested the factory right 10 minutes ago. there is a chance they say yes. will reply to you either later tonight, or some time tmrw.

2 - Same, morgen morgen nur nicht heute - either tmrw, or a day or two later we will post up a drawing with dimensions. Can;t firmly promise exact day but just "as soon as we ship out the last remaining pre-orders". Which is real soon.

Do _not_ hesitate to remind me. I do tend to forget things like this, so don't feel embarrassed.

Sounds good, thanks boss. Good luck with the busy next couple of days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Just a shout out to AeroGator for keeping everyone informed with news and info directly from VKB HQ. This is very refreshing and helpful. So - thank you!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com