SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Here is a link to my post. I documented my setup and hardware.

Snacko's SimShaker Cockpit Shaker Project

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I know I have asked before, and also see others looking for the same. When it comes to the engine rumble, would it be possible to have another setting option to allow DCS to export all sounds through the simshaker software with low pass filter only. This would help fill in the blanks and provide the subtle effects like engine rumble amongst other things. Currently I'm using Voicemeter banana, but it's not an ideal solution as I have to lower the headphone audio during squad missions, and that lowers the effects.

I know I have asked before, and also see others looking for the same. When it comes to the engine rumble, would it be possible to have another setting option to allow DCS to export all sounds through the simshaker software with low pass filter only. This would help fill in the blanks and provide the subtle effects like engine rumble amongst other things. Currently I'm using Voicemeter banana, but it's not an ideal solution as I have to lower the headphone audio during squad missions, and that lowers the effects.

Engine rumble has been added to SSA in the last release. It is based on actual engine RPM and thus giving you a physical feedback on rough RPM/engine/throttle settings. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 4 weeks later...

Engine Rumble periodically hangs in DCSW 2.0

First of all, I'm very impressed with the new sound effects in SSA 1.0.0.32 - great work! There may be a small bug that I've noticed with the Engine Rumble , however. Periodically, and seemingly at random, the engine rumble hangs after I exit a mission in DCSW 2.0 A-10C. Last time just before this post was the Nevada Takeoff instant mission. I had landed, and didn't bother shutting down the engines before exiting the mission. The engine rumble continued after leaving the mission. I shut down the sim and the engine rumble still persisted. The only way I could get rid of it was to restart SSA. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Edit: I use the sound module and a buttkicker amp and transducer.

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

First of all, I'm very impressed with the new sound effects in SSA 1.0.0.32 - great work! There may be a small bug that I've noticed with the Engine Rumble , however. Periodically, and seemingly at random, the engine rumble hangs after I exit a mission in DCSW 2.0 A-10C. Last time just before this post was the Nevada Takeoff instant mission. I had landed, and didn't bother shutting down the engines before exiting the mission. The engine rumble continued after leaving the mission. I shut down the sim and the engine rumble still persisted. The only way I could get rid of it was to restart SSA. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Edit: I use the sound module and a buttkicker amp and transducer.

Thx for the report. I'll put it on the list of bugs for my next bug hunting session!

Thx for the report. I'll put it on the list of bugs for my next bug hunting session!

I've done some additional testing trying to isolate any specific settings or circumstances that may be related to the engine rumble hang. No luck there, but I can report that sometimes I can get the effect to turn off in a new Nellis cold start mission (no engines running prior to start up) by hitting ESCAPE and then RESUME a couple times. It almost seems like some kind of odd timing issue. Other times I still have to bounce SSA to get it to stop. Sorry I'm not able to offer anything more definitive regarding the specific cause.

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

I've done some additional testing trying to isolate any specific settings or circumstances that may be related to the engine rumble hang. No luck there, but I can report that sometimes I can get the effect to turn off in a new Nellis cold start mission (no engines running prior to start up) by hitting ESCAPE and then RESUME a couple times. It almost seems like some kind of odd timing issue. Other times I still have to bounce SSA to get it to stop. Sorry I'm not able to offer anything more definitive regarding the specific cause.

Basically DCS sends to SSA that the game is paused or the user switched the plane (destroy = no plane). Maybe there is a hiccup... Nevertheless, I'll watch out for this issue and will try your suggested method to trigger this bug...

• 1 month later...

I've ordered a buttkicker to supplement my jetseat. Obviously I'll need to buy the sound expansion module in Simshaker and I've purchased a secondary sound card for the shaker. I play exclusively in VR which means my main audio is routed via HDMI to the rift. I plan to output mono bass audio to the buttkicker amp, and not use any external speakers. If I go with this setup will I still be required to use voicemeter banana or by removing PC speakers from the equation can I avoid that step?

thanks!

• 8 months later...

Hi, can I ask if I am using SSA correctly. I am using SSA 1.0.1.43 with Simshaker beta as of 13.2.18

Everything works fine apart from feeling turbulence. I am using Xenviro with Xplane 11.11. If I disable Xenviro for the weather and use default Xplane weather I still get zero turbulence. In the xplane debug it has lots of information but the top 4 lines the turbulence numbers never change.

Am I using the correct versions of the software?

David.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I am trying to get 2 transducers to work, using one transducer for ONLY engine vibration (mounted behind the seat), and the other for all other vibrations (mounted under the seat).

I have 1 Lepai LP-168HA 2.1 AMP https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070Z87YO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and 2X AuraSound AST-2B-4 Shakers https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZPTBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am running them with an Asus Xonar DGX Sound Card. How would I hook all this up to separate different sounds for different shakers? I will buy another AMP if I need to.

I am using SimShaker Sound Module and running DCS & Xplane 11.

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

Andre does ssa start automatically everytime i start dcs and xp11 or is there an app i must activate?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have framerate issues with the SSA module? Recently I'm getting a lot of stuttering and chopppy framerate in VR. If I shit off SSA the stuttering goes away, but SSA will not shut down. It gets stuck on and I have to goto Task Manager to shut it off. This is only if I shut it down while DCS is still running.

****EDIT****

This seems to be related to the engine sounds (harrier). If I shut off just the engine sound it works fine.

Edited by moespeeds

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

Has anyone managed to get SSA to work in 2.5 release version with the Bell 47 mod? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 4 months later...

I asked before too and was never able to but I had trouble with the Bell after an update and kind of gave up on it although I loved flying it.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I'm pretty confused now. Andre has been a huge help and evry supportive. So I have the Jetseat and it works with SSA just fine. I just added a homemade shaker with amp.

Do I need Sound Module to run the seat and the new transducer setup from SSA? Also, how does Voicemeter Banana integrate into the mix? I'm sure this has been asked but I am not succesful in finding the answers.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I just added a homemade shaker with amp.

Do I need Sound Module to run the seat and the new transducer setup from SSA?

Yes, you need SimShaker Sound Module. I would recommend to try it in demo mode before you pay.

Also, how does Voicemeter Banana integrate into the mix?

That's quite optional. Voicemeter Banana may be used if you want to mix or split sound sources.

You can find some more info here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/trick-1-if-youd-like-to-make-gametrix.html in trick #2

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, Andrey! I should have said with SSA, not from. My mistake.I got it now. When I heard I needed the payware for the transducer I added to the pedals and stick, I thought it was SSWings. I should have bought Sound Module. Which I will do right now! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I really appreciate your guide on using voicemeter banana to send both telemetry and game sounds to your transducers.

I have a setup that is totally confusing me as to how to set up properly to get this accomplished.

Current hardware:

1. on board realtek sound card - used for getting game sounds to my headphones when not playing in VR.

2. Asus Xonar DGX pcie sound card - used for running 6 transducers from simshaker for wheels,

and sound module for simshaker for aviators.

3. Oculus Rift - built in headphones for game sounds, built in mic to communicate to Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro module for DCS.

4. Steinberg UR44 USB sound card - used for running speakers and headphones at the same time

I also have a Jet seat on order .

Goal:

I would like to be able to mix game audio and telemetry date going to my simshakers whether in VR or using single screen. I would also like to be able to change that mix on the fly.

I would like to be able to use headphones (regular or Rift) and speakers at the same time as needed.

I have read the banana manual and at this point, I am at a total loss as to how to configure the inputs and outputs to get this accomplished.

Would you be able to walk me through this?

If so, I would be forever in your debt.

If not, can you refer to a source that might be able to help.

Thanks for any advise

Dennis Johnson

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier