SeaQuark presents: KOREA! (F-86 vs MiG-15 PvP)

SeaQuark

• ED Translators

Personally I would even prefer no A/C visible, but this is a concession for "play-ability" (for now).

[/url]

Me too, using old navigation is charm

AKA LazzySeal

WOW! Good news! Been waiting for someone to dedicate a server for the 2 forgotten modules; MiG-15 and F-86. I'll be online as soon as I'm back from vacation.

One thing though: If you're including the UH-1, how about giving the Red team the Mi-8? It's not like you're breaking the rules for realism all that much.

Wish you good luck with the server and us all a decent number of players in it.

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I've been on a few times now. And being the only "P", haven't found much of anything. Guess I have a bad timezone. Would be cool if a few AI could be sprinkled in here and there for us lone wolves. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been on a few times now. And being the only "P", haven't found much of anything. Guess I have a bad timezone. Would be cool if a few AI could be sprinkled in here and there for us lone wolves. :-)

Even when there are players online it's never more than 3-4 players. Not so many MiG-15/F-86 pilots out there I guess. Shame...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The server's been offline for some hours now! Can you restart it?

It's back up. Thanks for the heads up.

If you ever want to get in touch with me more quickly about the server, give me a shout on the Discord.

Edited by SeaQuark

Guys, did you see this server with players? I join near 19:00 z and it is always empty :sad:

I would play on this server, as the mission appears to be put together quite well, but that's only if it uses the label mod used on Burning Skies, Steel Ballz, and ACG. Without it, spotting targets is neigh impossible, and I might as well be flying single player at that point.

.... so maybe more people voice their opinion about having the label mod?

For those of you who read label, and immediately think ED labels, and spout "No way, I'm not playing with labels!" look at it like this....

1. It isn't ED all seeing labels. It's a speck, but that's just it. It's a speck. Without the label mod, there is no speck.
  2. The server remains at pretty much 0 population, and the WW2 servers prior to the label mod's existence remained at 0 population. Since the WW2 servers started using the label mod they are routinely populated.

I would play on this server, as the mission appears to be put together quite well, but that's only if it uses the label mod used on Burning Skies, Steel Ballz, and ACG. Without it, spotting targets is neigh impossible, and I might as well be flying single player at that point.

For those of you who read label, and immediately think ED labels, and spout "No way, I'm not playing with labels!" look at it like this....

1. It isn't ED all seeing labels. It's a speck, but that's just it. It's a speck. Without the label mod, there is no speck.
  2. The server remains at pretty much 0 population, and the WW2 servers prior to the label mod's existence remained at 0 population. Since the WW2 servers started using the label mod they are routinely populated.

Changing the model size to the largest setting in the options menu solves a lot of the visibility issues in DCS for me (and still looks plausible). Used to need the labels speck, but not any more...which is good because the labels thing is a poor solution since they are rendered through the cockpit.

I flew for like 7-8 times over the last days on the server. At one time I was in the MiG-15 alone vs 3 Sabres! I didn't have problems with spotting them so are you sure the labels are off? Normally I hate labels or any "helping" options being activated but if it would get us more players to fly then why not I guess.

On the other flights I was the only one flying. So yeah, ZERO population.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Changing the model size to the largest setting in the options menu solves a lot of the visibility issues in DCS for me (and still looks plausible). Used to need the labels speck, but not any more...which is good because the labels thing is a poor solution since they are rendered through the cockpit.

I have my imposters set to large by default just in case this is the method a server is using. I also have my labels on by default in case a server uses the label mod.

If however you think those imposters which let you see a plane 50 KM away, but vanish when you reach 3-5 KM (give or take) is a better solution than the label mod which only lets you see a speck from 1-8 KM (and damn hard to see through your plane since it's grey, unless your entire plane is white) then I guess we can't agree on this point.

I flew for like 7-8 times over the last days on the server. At one time I was in the MiG-15 alone vs 3 Sabres! I didn't have problems with spotting them so are you sure the labels are off? Normally I hate labels or any "helping" options being activated but if it would get us more players to fly then why not I guess.

On the other flights I was the only one flying. So yeah, ZERO population.

I'm not 100% Alpenwolf. I only joined the server twice when it was first introduced, and both times there were no imposters or label mod, and I haven't been back since.

If I see anyone on it, I'll join it tonight (assuming I remember to try), and see if it has one or the other.

If someone could make a label-mod where the specks weren't visible through the cockpit, I would gladly consider implementing it. Spotting a bandit through my altimeter isn't the kind of experience I want from DCS.

Aside from that, I honestly haven't had much issues with spotting in these jets. Keep in mind these aren't WW2 birds-- a lot of the fights will happen at or above contrails, which obviously makes initial spotting quite easy. Plus, the Sabre's long smoke trail is striking at any altitude.

I personally fly the Sabre and have had zero issues spotting bandits high or low.

P.S.: Weren't Imposters disabled a long time ago? Did ED reintroduce them?

If someone could make a label-mod where the specks weren't visible through the cockpit, I would gladly consider implementing it. Spotting a bandit through my altimeter isn't the kind of experience I want from DCS.

Would be a great mod indeed!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Aside from that, I honestly haven't had much issues with spotting in these jets. Keep in mind these aren't WW2 birds-- a lot of the fights will happen at or above contrails, which obviously makes initial spotting quite easy. Plus, the Sabre's long smoke trail is striking at any altitude.

I personally fly the Sabre and have had zero issues spotting bandits high or low.

Well, it is your server, and you got to do what you got to do.

Maybe someone will let me know if that ever changes.

Let's just turn on the required label/s and see if spotting becomes easier to those who have a hard time with doing that and see if the number of players goes up. I'd love to see that happen with all the effort you've poured into the server.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Been flying regularly on the server over the last 2-3 weeks and the mission we have there is brilliant. However do you have other missions? Different scenario or area to fight over? Maybe Senaki, Kutaisi, Batumi and Kobuleti?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 weeks later...
Been flying regularly on the server over the last 2-3 weeks and the mission we have there is brilliant. However do you have other missions? Different scenario or area to fight over? Maybe Senaki, Kutaisi, Batumi and Kobuleti?

Basically over the last month I have been adding all sorts of features / additions to the mission to increase fun & immersion-- for example, you can now call for detailed objective status & target information over the radio in your cockpit. Next I will be adding era-appropriate Early Warning Radar alerts in a similar fashion.

Once it is all finished, I will "copy & paste" the basic template of the mission to create different variations in different spots on the map.

I got a little delayed in that, because there were technical issues with the PC I was running the server on, with frequent crashing. I have since moved the server to my personal DCS machine and so far (fingers crossed) it has been running flawlessly. So server will be up and running while I work on a more permanent solution.

In short: more missions will be coming eventually, but first I want to make this one is the best mission it can be, and to sort out the bugs of DCS server-hosting.

Edited by SeaQuark

Yeoman work there buddy, an awesome server. I manage to pop on during the weekends. But most folks don't fly during my active hours. No worries, your efforts are very appreciated!!

My english very bad, my pilot skill very bad, but I love it Korea warbird

and have to come to test your server..But still do not know Sabre or Mig ..

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

Tried to connect to the server but I have a mysterious bug..The front wheel for F86 control does not work..Tested on another server and everything was ok ..

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

Basically over the last month I have been adding all sorts of features / additions to the mission to increase fun & immersion-- for example, you can now call for detailed objective status & target information over the radio in your cockpit. Next I will be adding era-appropriate Early Warning Radar alerts in a similar fashion.

Once it is all finished, I will "copy & paste" the basic template of the mission to create different variations in different spots on the map.

I got a little delayed in that, because there were technical issues with the PC I was running the server on, with frequent crashing. I have since moved the server to my personal DCS machine and so far (fingers crossed) it has been running flawlessly. So server will be up and running while I work on a more permanent solution.

In short: more missions will be coming eventually, but first I want to make this one is the best mission it can be, and to sort out the bugs of DCS server-hosting.

Bless you, buddy! And good luck!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments