Helicopter control mounting?

I intend to purchase a complete set of controls from Microhelis.de (collective, cyclic, and pedals) but I can't find a mounting system for the hardware. I do not want to build something (I don't have the tools/time/space). So far this is the only thing I've found: http://www.flightlink.com/base-page/seat-and-cover-with-base/

But this does not have anywhere to mount the cyclic and pedals. I have seen an 'E' shaped mount with all 3 components like those from MaxFlightStick: http://www.maxflightstick.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=101&product_id=69

Does anyone know of a good helicopter mounting system?

Hi Wolf,

I'm running into the same issue with my current setup. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have two dedicated chairs, one for fixed wing, and one for rotary wing, or just one for both.

I currently have an Obutto Ozone, which I've found is not a good setup for floor mounted controls. This is because the cyclic can't seem to be placed on the floor close enough to the front of the chair due to how the chair mount sits on the floor.

As far as the Flightlink base, I'm not sure I would go with that setup with Yogi's controls, as his controls are meant to go all the way to the floor. I think that collective would be too long, unless he does a custom control for you.

The MaxFlightStick setup is good, if you are good with using a desk and basic chair (I had an old RC Simulations MRVC setup that I used a steel folding chair with that worked alright). Again, though, that collective is pretty short compared to the floor mounted one Yogi makes, so I'm not sure any mounting system would work for that (not aware of anything on the market, other than Wheelstand which is for racing/HOTAS setups).

Personally, I'm going with a system from Monstertech.

https://www.monstertech.de/en/product-category/sim-rigs/

The space on the floor in front of the chair is open, so a floor mounted stick is able to be put in there. They also have a center mounted joystick mount if I want to use the Gunfighter I have on order, or my Warthog. I plan on using the stick shifter add-on as a collective mount. Everything is adjustable, so I should be able to figure something out.

I know Yogi is working on a collective housing that should simplify mounting the collective, but no word yet on a cyclic mount. I've seen stated by Yogi himself (either here, or on his website) that his controls are meant to be mounted to a floor, and there is a little bit of DIY assembly required with those controls. Unfortunately, it seems as though you might be stuck with coming up with something on your own if you want to go with Microhelis.de.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Hey Heloguy, I read your thread where you were struggling with deciding over the Obutto and the Monstertech, but I did not want to hijack it. I looked at both options but they don't really grab me, though I will admit the Monstertech seems like the best option thus far. In trip/yogi's thread, pg 13 & 14, member 'Chic' asked for a horizontally mounted collective with a shorter tube and Yogi sketched it up and posted a picture. If I went with the FlightLink seat, Yogi's modified collective would work however, that would still leave the pedals and cyclic to deal with.

Hi,

would a rig system like the monstertech be enough for you?

That would not be a problem.:music_whistling:

I used those profile systems when I made device housing and handling robots some years ago.

Would it be ok, when my pedal- and cyclicmechanic would be mount on/under a platform on such a rig?

regards / gruesse yogi

@Yogi,

I will be ordering your FTM once it's released, if you can come up with a mounting system that can also support it I would be very interested. Adjustable distance for the pedals would be necessary for the different heights of people.

*EDIT for Yogi*

If you also added a side mount so if you allow us to purchase a horizontally mounted collective like in most helicopters, I would be very impressed. I'd like to use the setup to fly other helicopters like the bell 206 and most helicopters use side mounted cyclics. I was thinking similar to the FlightLink chair I posted above.

Edited by Mr.Fenestron

rrrrt

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hi,

can you tell something about the seats you would use?

In my simpit I use a modified seat from a "Smart", which are really cheap at ebay. I made a mount frame which looks like the real EC-120 seat.

IMG_9392.thumb.JPG.0cec93393707e42dcdb2558789588cf1.JPG

the seat can be mount with simple connectors.

IMG_9388.thumb.jpg.256d65effe3e28b2f4f4287553f2da0b.jpg

I even can use the rail for adjusting.:music_whistling:

In my opinion these seats are better for "heli-use" than racing seats.

regards / gruesse yogi

I like that seat (not the color, haha). You should definitely incorporate it. Like we talked about, a removable space on the right for a mousepad would be handy. If you have any more pictures feel free to post :)

Edited by Mr.Fenestron

:pilotfly:

I like its color, because orange is my preferred color.

And it is a civilian EC-120 :music_whistling:

And used Smart seats are really cheap, mine was 39,-€ + shipping.

1 day for disassembling, cleaning and mount it on my foot frames.

regards / gruesse yogi

Hi,

can you tell something about the seats you would use?

In my simpit I use a modified seat from a "Smart", which are really cheap at ebay. I made a mount frame which looks like the real EC-120 seat.

[ATTACH]160977[/ATTACH]

the seat can be mount with simple connectors.

[ATTACH]160978[/ATTACH]

I even can use the rail for adjusting.:music_whistling:

In my opinion these seats are better for "heli-use" than racing seats.

Interesting - do you mind showing some pics with more of the seat in view? I've been looking for second hand car seats to use for my sim pit - the one I am seriously considering is the "boot" fold down seat from a Hyundai Santa Fe (2010-2015 I think are ht model years). Mainly due the the fact it folds down very flat, and so works potentially works for my "coffee table simpit transformer".

I am curious to see the Smart seat, though, and I am curious how far it can fold forward?

I was initially looking at "gaming seats, but they are silly expensive, and I'd need ot do a bunch of modifications in the end anyway...

Z...

• 3 weeks later...