Greasing up the Warthog

10 hours ago, Nealius said:

I'm on an extension as well but didn't think about that. No potential issues from removing the gasket entirely?

I kept original centering spring which turned out to be just way too soft for about 30'ish cm extension I used, making the stick floppy and making it pretty impossible to find and "feel" the center position. Quite an issue when trimming any aircraft in DCS, especially my Mi-8 in "move joystick to center" trimming mode. Without the gasket there's more distinctive "clunk" I feel when going neutral and the stick is more likely to stay upright. Your mileage may vary, though, as some users prefer not to feel the center position at all (I didn't like it when my Warthog was full stock short in the old days)

Apart from that, from mechanical point of view of how pressure plate and centering spring operate, gasket doesn't change anything. 

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I kept original centering spring which turned out to be just way too soft for about 30'ish cm extension I used, making the stick floppy and making it pretty impossible to find and "feel" the center position. Quite an issue when trimming any aircraft in DCS, especially my Mi-8 in "move joystick to center" trimming mode. Without the gasket there's more distinctive "clunk" I feel when going neutral and the stick is more likely to stay upright. Your mileage may vary, though, as some users prefer not to feel the center position at all (I didn't like it when my Warthog was full stock short in the old days)
Apart from that, from mechanical point of view of how pressure plate and centering spring operate, gasket doesn't change anything. 
Yeah, I got the blue spring and 2x20cm from Sahaj. The throw was way too much, so I had to reduce it. And with that long extension, it really highlights the shortcomings of the Warthog "gimbal" design. So I don't really use it anymore.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Testing out without the gasket now. I never really had issues with the stock spring, but without the gasket the centerpoint feels a bit strange. Almost like the stick is articulating on a ball with a square at the top, rather than articulating around a smooth ball. Outside of that center range it's smooth as normal.

• Like 1