Trying to play custom mission with a buddy

KooDeRR Whistle

Hello I'm wondering if there is a way to play a custom mission with a buddy. I made the mission and go to multiplayer, new server, enter in server name and password, have public server clicked. I enter in the server and my buddy cant see it in server list so he tried to join my typing in the ip address and it says server is offline. What are we doing wrong, what do we need to do to get this to work. Thanks

This is a bit complex, but you need to “port forward” your router with the port number “10308”. I recommend combing through the forums or checking you tube for your particular router to learn how to do this. Second, I would create a static IP address on your computer. Again “you tube” is your friend. Lastly, make an exception with any firewall software you use to allow DCS access to your computer. This sounds complex and hard to do, but it’s really not. The most difficult part is actually finding the how to because so many routers are on the market and they all have their own way to do it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is a bit complex, but you need to “port forward” your router with the port number “10308”. I recommend combing through the forums or checking you tube for your particular router to learn how to do this. Second, I would create a static IP address on your computer. Again “you tube” is your friend. Lastly, make an exception with any firewall software you use to allow DCS access to your computer. This sounds complex and hard to do, but it’s really not. The most difficult part is actually finding the how to because so many routers are on the market and they all have their own way to do it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok I will look around, thanks for the reply!