viviane sight/fcs

Harlikwin

Anyone know the resolution on the vivianne thermal sensor on the real thing, i.e 320x240 640x480? Or when it was made, 80's/90's?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi Harlikwin,

As much as we'd like to help you with this, the system you're asking about is still in active service and therefor still confidential. In depth information on systems that has no impact on the "game" can not really be discussed by us.

We hope you understand.

Edited by Polychop Simulations
typo

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you tell me when it went into service? ish... like early 90's late 90's etc?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

We received the first aircraft at the end of the 90's , if i remember well , the 3rd ALAT regiment perform the experimentation in 1998-1999 , and we really start to have it operationnal in 2000.

At this time we have a version with a TV screen ( sorry for my lack of vocabulary) . this one have a good definition , almost the same as we have in the head in display ( the periscope ) .

Then around 2004 we were equiped with numeric screen system to display also moving map system called EURONAV ... and there the deifinition was ... very poor .... it was a step back in term of definition. Personaly i prefer to use the HEAD IN periscope when i need a good definition ( it alos defend of my pilot skill , because once head in i can't monitor him anymore )

Conclusion : i can tell you that the VIVIANE display we have on DCS is really close to he real one . that 's surprised me when i discovered it.

Thanks Bullit.

So sounds like most likely it would be a 320x240 or more likely 640x480 thermal sensor in that time period.