HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset - Page 322 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-25-2019, 01:55 AM   #3211
JG27_Arklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Jam View Post
Is there a reason not to purchase it from HP direct? I was waiting for amazon but that seems to be taking a while they still dont have any.

The ones on the Hp site should be as good as any right?
Yes. I ordered mine from there. They are all new revision from there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Core i7 920 @ 4.0 ghz
ASUS P6T Deluxe mobo.
12GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
SB Fatality XFi
640GB WD "Black" HD
1TB WD "Black" HD
Samsung 850 Pro EVO SSD
Corsair 1000 PSU
34" ASUS PG348
JG27_Arklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:14 AM   #3212
Drac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Jam View Post
Is there a reason not to purchase it from HP direct? I was waiting for amazon but that seems to be taking a while they still dont have any.

The ones on the Hp site should be as good as any right?
I'm still waiting for Amazon hoping to still get it for $599 which was the price I got on an email alert previously...fingers crossed!
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #3213
Tinkickef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secoda View Post
For me the Reverb sweet spot is about 80% of the display (huge). The guy whose Valve Index I tried said for him the Reverb sweet spot was maybe 60% of the display. I assumed that was IPD difference since mine is 64 mm which is basically optimal but I think it is more than that. He also had to push the Reverb against his head for best display. Go figure. Since the Reverb lacks both adjustments on the VI it is likely it will not work for a lot more folks. I think we keep reading about the experiences of folks who physical characteristics are on the edge of the Reverb's specs who have problems with the sweet spot, etc..

It took me a full month to get the Reverb tweaked along with Windows (gaming performance tweaks), etc. It's a difficult process and some never get there.

For me personally the Reverb is a solid notch in clarity above the RIft S or VI but I also thought the VI was a bit better than the RIft S in DCS when I tested them (distance spotting). Your mileage may vary. If only Valve had put out a 2160 x 2160 headset.

This.

We have had very similar experiences. We have the same IPD, we both wear glasses. We have both taken the trouble to jump through all the hoops.

Break.

Reverb is not designed to be a peripheral for gamers, it was a tool for designers, architects, low impact training courses ect to view their work in VR.
Using it for gaming is pushing it well beyond its original design brief and if you know this and buy it anyway, you have to accept its shortfalls.

As I state very, very often. Reverb is not for everyone. Everything must be optimum to get it running at the best performance it has the ability to display - from physical IPD to in game gamma settings.
When everything is optimal, then Wow.
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Last edited by Tinkickef; 08-25-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Tinkickef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #3214
JG27_Arklight

I put the Reverb through its paces tonight and flew in DCS for about 2 hours straight...the HMD started getting hot and the screens started flickering (a fast flicker). Shutting the mission down and restarting it fixed it.

I was under the impression screen flicker was dealt with in the new revision? My model was 931 directly from HP so I know it's the new one. Ugh..

Core i7 920 @ 4.0 ghz
ASUS P6T Deluxe mobo.
12GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
SB Fatality XFi
640GB WD "Black" HD
1TB WD "Black" HD
Samsung 850 Pro EVO SSD
Corsair 1000 PSU
34" ASUS PG348
JG27_Arklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #3215
eaglecash867

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27_Arklight View Post
I put the Reverb through its paces tonight and flew in DCS for about 2 hours straight...the HMD started getting hot and the screens started flickering (a fast flicker). Shutting the mission down and restarting it fixed it.

I was under the impression screen flicker was dealt with in the new revision? My model was 931 directly from HP so I know it's the new one. Ugh..

A fast flicker almost sounds like maybe its switching into 60Hz mode. Not sure if you've tried this already, but try setting your WMR Experience Options to 90Hz. The default is Automatic, so maybe its switching back and forth? I tried forcing it to 60Hz once and got a fast flicker that instantly made my eyes hurt. Anyway, just something to try.
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote