Returning to the Fishbed

Weegie

So it's been a good while since I flew the Mig-21

It used to be my favourrate module and I love it

So I made new profiles for a lot of stuff and spent some time then jumped into the cockpit

Dear Oh Dear was I in for a shock or what so far not even off the ground and finding a shedload of really basic stuff totally borked, I'm not even able to adjust my virtual seat up

I've heard there is a new cockpit coming, I do hope it's soon for me, as of right now the module is next to unusable

I'm not going off on one but wondering how it could have been allowed to get this bad. I reckon it must be a very daunting task to make a module, let alone one as good as the Fishbed used to be, but borked instrument lighting and the seat adjust, kinda took my breath away

Any info on when the new pit is arriving would be welcome

Perhaps the external but the internal lighting is still mostly broke including all the axes controls

The instrument lghting is also pretty horrible

I'm not raging about it or going off on one. Seen that too often on the forum and it doesn't help anybody.

I would welcome some news though on where the developers are with the new pit and what are the current plans

I wouldn't even mind paying a little to get a new pit, because the time required to fix it must be significant and this is a business at the end of the day

I am amazed about thread like these where I learn that there is massive things to be fixed. And I don't even know what all are broken/wrong in it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Im not quite sure what the problem is. Ive been playing it for the past 2 weeks nonstop and im loving it. The only problems are the night lighting, and thats easily solved. Just fly by day.

There isnt a DLC that doesnt have one issue or another. Its the nature of an evolving system like DCS.

Im not quite sure what the problem is. Ive been playing it for the past 2 weeks nonstop and im loving it. The only problems are the night lighting, and thats easily solved. Just fly by day.

There isnt a DLC that doesnt have one issue or another. Its the nature of an evolving system like DCS.

Well, the green/yellow/red warning/advisory messages are definitely borked, as they look absolutly horrible, which they haven't in the past.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Playable shouldn't be the standard, just saying ...

Perhaps it's just my stupidity but I have no clue what that is meant to mean

When I was actually flying it yesterday, other things I noticed were a pretty horrid role that requires constant input to keep it level, worse when you envoke autopilot in "Recovery" it actually flies wing down and the attitude hold doesn't seem to work either, well not mine

If anybody is not seeing these I'd appreciate input as then I know it's just me

Uncommanded roll only happens for asymmetrical loads (e.g. after firing one missile). The trim on the stick only adjusts pitch so it's just something you have to get used to.

Altitude hold works for me, you just need to give it some time to stabilize itself. It will pitch up and down for a bit, and then after a few cycles the autopilot stabilizes.

Thanks for the replies it's appreciated

I'll try it again, stupidity is not a factor that should be ruled out when I'm piloting

If I still find it is behaving the same way I'll recoord some video and stick it up on YouTube to perhaps ellicit some ideas from the better informed in this forum

Edited by Weegie

Schoolboy error sorted the roll, a rogue axis input no idea how, but it was on the rudder hence the roll

That's sorted the Recovery and flying it now after the initial shock of stuff not working is not so bad.

The other stuff still annoy's me though especially the fact I cannot raise the virtual seat and the borked instrument lighting. I appreciate there is not a module out there that's perfect BUT I reckon the Fishbed had got to be one of (& I strongly suspect THE) worst.

Still cannot get Attitude Hold to work when I select it the jet either dives or climbs depending on the trim, Altitude or Recovery seems fine though.

That said I still love this module, so much in it a real hands on cockpit

Looking forward to the new cockpit, I just wish the Devs would give us some info or post some updated on progress

Thanks to all for the assistance

Don’t know what you expect of attitude, you can still trim, it’s not a real attitude hold but more dampening, so it will take less input to stay in one attitude but make it harder to be precise.

The seat most certainly moves up, use the keybind, it’s the switch in the cockpit that doesn’t work.

There was also a picture of the cockpit in the spring update

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I'm not really that concerned with the Attitude and TBH I'm not so sure how it's meant to work.

Is it not artificial as the real jet didn't have it?

When I do invoke the keybind nothinng seems to happen, happy enough with SPAC and Recovery though.

I'll check the spring update to take a look at the pit, thanks

I guess perhaps I should eat some Humble Pie because after finding out what does and desn't work and working within these paramters, I still find it a very fun module and enjoy it enormously

At the time of release it was a game changer for DCS regarding all the complexity and I still really really enjoy it

If you're left with a piece of that pie, feel free to share. I always accept sugar in any available doses :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7