Hard landing weird behaviour

Spathiphyllum

I am not too sure if this is the correct behaviour after a less than perfect landing. After a hard contact, I drifted kind of sideways on the runway until coming to a complete halt. Going to exterior view, I kind of expected collapsed landing gears and possible further damage but all I found was the landing gears half sunk into the runway. I guess there's no damage model for this kind of event? I managed to reproduce this on multiple occasions.

Screen_180714_221614.thumb.png.f4ee567d74b061759915f01c8ae16b82.png

Edited by Spathiphyllum

That even happens, when taking off.

That even happens, when rolling on gras.

That even happens, when touching the ground too hard.

Any 4th landing I get stuck in the ground.

I am not sure, whether HB integrated a suspension system. Absorbing bumps.

But, these heavy bounces @take off... I am not sure, but I thnk that would break my neck in reality.

I hope they fix/improve that.

Batumi departure -> Gear breaks while nose is up.

Now I know, why I have often a broken gear @landing. It is already broken since takeoff.

1st of all you should make the gear a little bit more stable or damped or both.

Now I know, why I have often a broken gear @landing. It is already broken since takeoff.

This is not a report we've seen before. Are you sure you're taking off correctly and within safety parameters?

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I have had it break on me sometimes on takeoff run (nose wheel), but I also know why. I have helicopter controls where my stick is without any centering spring or detent, so it is difficult to know when it is perfectly centered. I hold it where I think it is perfectly centered and takeoff. If I accidentally hold it forward, basically pushing my nose down, the wheel sometimes break before rotation (also on rolling takeoff in the Shark). I have realized I need to use the "controller window" or whatever it's called (RCtrl+Enter) to perform good takeoffs.

@Vannipo, are you sure you don't accidentally pushing your stick forward? Use RCtrl+Enter and make sure you don't. Might be a calibration or controller issue.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I think it makes sense to me. The Harrier is the same. The tyres have burst this sinks and makes the air frame a bit lower. Burst tyre graphic not shown but the relative lower position of the airframe is.

We will have to wait until they finish the coding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Can you please post a track showing this? I never had that issue from day1 until now. The only time the gear will break for me is if i do a very hard landing.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yes, I will try that.

Right now, I have this issue in Batumi->30.

When I start to roll and only the rear wheels are in contact with the ground and I start to climb, the wheels get often 1-2 hits from the runway and shakes the plane shortly very hard and I hear this thudding sound, I know, "ah, it's broken" :D