SD-10 at mach 4.5 and still M2.5 over a minute later?!

Smokin Hole

I don't own the Jeff. But I have been on the receiving end of its greatness. "Great" is, well, great. But normal rules of aerodynamic should still apply. Is the SD-10 really that good? It has almost no drag, even when maneuvering. If this is accurate then western forces should ditch the aim-120 and start buying Chinese.

• Like 1

I don't own the Jeff. But I have been on the receiving end of its greatness. "Great" is, well, great. But normal rules of aerodynamic should still apply. Is the SD-10 really that good? It has almost no drag, even when maneuvering. If this is accurate then western forces should ditch the aim-120 and start buying Chinese.

you're in luck! you can buy your own unlimited supply of sd10s for just 79.99$ !!! :thumbup:

here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/thunder/

Talking about range & speed for any A2A missile with no launch/target condition is just nonsense.

U can get a AIM-120 kill over 30NM if U like, what U need is just a "correct" initial condition.

^ This.

Also, what witness_me said! :megalol::lol::thumbup::pilotfly:

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Yes, but at that price Alibaba needs a minimum purchase of 20,000 units!

That's still a bargain!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I'm no expert on this but maybe the Amraam that actually underpowered ? We all know ED made AIM-120 adjusment (increase range) in the last patch and planned to overhaul DCS missiles AFAIK.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I'm here to complain that sometimes I launch sd10 at multiple targets around 20 nm in TWS and none of them hits. Meanwhile I eat SPAMRAAMS because there is no warning or even motor smoke. Please unlock this "great" feature on my SD10s. Sending mine back thru alibaba standard shipping.

I'm here to complain that sometimes I launch sd10 at multiple targets around 20 nm in TWS and none of them hits. Meanwhile I eat SPAMRAAMS because there is no warning or even motor smoke. Please unlock this "great" feature on my SD10s. Sending mine back thru alibaba standard shipping.

20NM is too far for any experienced pilots, get closer;) . RWR will be fixed in the coming patch, already tested internally.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Mate, this sounds more like a complaint than a report. I don't think you should post it here unless you have some proof that you got killed with a bug, and no I don't mean hornet.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

20NM is too far for any experienced pilots, get closer;) . RWR will be fixed in the coming patch, already tested internally.

If the fix is those two Lua file line edits then I hope you guys review it because I feel some warnings are still falling through. Yesterday a hornet I was chasing on data link turned around and nailed me with a 120 and I didn't even see him turn-on radar or the missile on RWR. He was somewhere ahead and below. Assuming of course it was him who hit me.

And sometimes RWR is picking up tracking and missile warnings while I'm still on ramp. Is that normal?

Check SD-10 in tacview when it goes straight it has almost 0 drag, only loses some energy in turns.

Off-topic "answers/comments":

It can be defeated relatively easily with chaff and notching tho.

AIM-120B guidance is stupid and feels like it loses too much energy in turns.

RWR works in the rear hemisphere(for me), maybe not perfect but when I spot a hawk launch and do a 180 it picks up everything(radar, missile, tracking etc).

Talking about range & speed for any A2A missile with no launch/target condition is just nonsense.

U can get a AIM-120 kill over 30NM if U like, what U need is just a "correct" initial condition.

I love it. I effing love it.

Sadly, blue is just here to complain. Here's a thought for those flying against the JF-17....:helpsmilie:YOU ARE TOO USED TO BEING ABLE TO LAUNCH A SPAMRAAM AND CONTINUE PRESSING BECAUSE YOU'VE ONLY HAD TO FACE THE VERY BADLY RANGED AND FLIGHT MODEL OF THE 27ER AND R77.:megalol:

So now that you have a fighter that is capable of sending a competitive AAMRAM you are stuck in your ways of pressing after launching your 2, 4, or 6 spams. Learn tactics. If you have FC3 I highly suggest becoming versed in the Mig-29 and Su-27/33. Only then will you understand how to truly go into combat against an AAMRAM

And don't take this in a negative light OP.

I seriously highly suggest you learn the tactics we have been employing as flanker pilots and are now employing them in the JF-17 with much effect (obviously).

:pilotfly:

True enough that this isn't really a bug report. But the issue, whether or not you believe it to be one, is easily checked with Tacview. You can launch every missile in the DCS inventory and see their initial speed and acceleration plus, and most importantly, what happens when the rocket motor quits. What happens when the rocket is rockin' may well be accurate--it's a big missile after all. But when the rocket quits it is maintaining an unbelievable (to me) velocity. Someone posted a video somewhere where he and some friends launched various missiles at the same moment under identical conditions. I've lost the link but it tells the story much better than I can. Anyway, it seems to be an amazing jet and a great addition to DCS. I just know now to keep my distance.

True enough that this isn't really a bug report. But the issue, whether or not you believe it to be one, is easily checked with Tacview. You can launch every missile in the DCS inventory and see their initial speed and acceleration plus, and most importantly, what happens when the rocket motor quits. What happens when the rocket is rockin' may well be accurate--it's a big missile after all. But when the rocket quits it is maintaining an unbelievable (to me) velocity. Someone posted a video somewhere where he and some friends launched various missiles at the same moment under identical conditions. I've lost the link but it tells the story much better than I can. Anyway, it seems to be an amazing jet and a great addition to DCS. I just know now to keep my distance.

SD-10 is facing the same difficulties which the AIM-54 is facing. That is the limitation of the Missile API which can only be upgraded by ED. The developers can only tweak certain values to make the missile behave through that API.

ED has said that they will be releasing an updated API "soon". Once that is out, almost all of the missiles will be updated to use it.

Currently, even the AIM-120 is not modeled accurately. According to Deka, their SD-10 has far more advanced research done behind it but the developers cannot simulate everything because of the restrictions so they made it the closest to the real behaviour which can be achieved within current DCS build.

Now all we can do is wait on ED to deliver so the missiles in general can be simulated properly.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

i closed the page when i see i don't own the product.

Deka has sme on the sd10 performance, i trust the number and perfromance any day.

players opinion often doesn't matter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

Sadly, blue is just here to complain. Here's a thought for those flying against the JF-17....:helpsmilie:YOU ARE TOO USED TO BEING ABLE TO LAUNCH A SPAMRAAM AND CONTINUE PRESSING BECAUSE YOU'VE ONLY HAD TO FACE THE VERY BADLY RANGED AND FLIGHT MODEL OF THE 27ER AND R77.:megalol:

So now that you have a fighter that is capable of sending a competitive AAMRAM you are stuck in your ways of pressing after launching your 2, 4, or 6 spams. Learn tactics. If you have FC3 I highly suggest becoming versed in the Mig-29 and Su-27/33. Only then will you understand how to truly go into combat against an AAMRAM

I seriously highly suggest you learn the tactics we have been employing as flanker pilots and are now employing them in the JF-17 with much effect (obviously).

Agree, now is time to learn tactics, to work in the hidden corners of the BVR combat. Since the AIM 54 by Heat Blur, we have the obligation of train different tactics, the inclusion of the AIM54 was a game changer, the SD-10 solidifies this change in the future of the simulator.

• ED Team

Or use the AIM-120D. Like, you know, they actually do. The AIM-120 we have in game is outdated. You're not thinking 4th dimensionally.

After playing around with SD-10 its actually relatively easy to defeat with chaffs. Just dump quite alot of chaffs in rapid sequences while executing notch manouver, you should be fine.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Mostly this. Killed hornets with sd10, killed jf17s with 120s. Been killed by hornets and jf17s. Bunch of whiners IMO. The Sd10 if used correctly has a bit more range but 90% of pilots cant make use of it IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).