Wrong angle on ground?

Tanö

Hey,

i think the AOA of the plane while standing on the ground is not correct.

It seems to me, that the Harrier in DCS has a litle more weight on the back wheels.

I tryed no fule and max fule, but i can´t see any difference.

Here are a few pictures to compare which i made with the OB version of DCS:

Dcs1.thumb.PNG.f27fbc9a090b42ee894e203187e018eb.PNG

Real1.thumb.PNG.7293aaea5cfeed1808d1a32597409c3f.PNG

Dcs2.PNG.3adddb6474918b41dc37eee8c791d5a7.PNG

Real2.thumb.PNG.2dab77bca6ab15529dab7abd342f2459.PNG

Those stowed TPODs though. Me want.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

It took me more weeks and months then I care to admit to learn how to consistently keep 5 deg. AOA when landing, for a nice 4 point T/D. Please do not change it, leave as it is.

As far as I am concerned, DCS: AV-8B/NA is the finest , among other fine, DCS modules. Much prefer some new weapons. Maverick F, JHMQS with AIM-9X (block irrelevant), Brimstone missile, increased rate of fire and proper sound for GAU-12, Plus+ variant add-on module with AIM-120 as an option. A pilot is an overdue feature. The poorest feature of this mod is poor performance of the AI wingmen, who keep crashing instead of landing, and don't follow issued commands.

There's a lot more than just the angle on the ground. Can't hover steadily without pulling the witches hat above the horizon line considerably at 82° nozzles. There had been some changes in the very beginning of the early access, but they never got it right it seems...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

There's a lot more than just the angle on the ground. Can't hover steadily without pulling the witches hat above the horizon line considerably at 82° nozzles. There had been some changes in the very beginning of the early access, but they never got it right it seems...

Works just fine here with the WH pretty much spot on, just tested.

@Tanö

This topic did come up before and if you manage to get not only the same angle, but also the same focal lenght you´ll notice that the difference is only marginal.

And it does not affect Hover performance in any way whatsoever.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw this plane in real, and as far as I can remember the angle looks more like the picture of the real thing which i posted. You can easily compare it while watching Videos of this plane.

It's not a big difference at all and it doesn't matter when I'm in the virtual cockpit. I Love that plane and just want help to make it perfect as possible :-). I can imagen that this want a big thing to fix, provided it is realy wrong.