"STEP Change for JSOW/JDAM" - How to deal with multiple TOO?

Flagrum

Today I tried to drop several (i.e. two) JDAMs at different TOO targets. After selecting the weapon, I changed the default Mode=PP to Mode=TOO, designate a target and drop the bomb successfully. After that, I repeated the same procedure for the second JDAM.

But this was somewhat hectic though, as the two targets were close together and I could not prepare the 2nd bomb beforehand to Mode=TOO as there is no STEP option anymore at the STORES page.

I could have prepared all weapons beforehand by setting the QTY, STEP through them all and set each to Mode=TOO and then not to forget to reset QTY again because I don't want to drop them all at once.

This seems cumbersome/errorprone and not really practical. Or am I am missing something here (besides actually missing the STEP option at the STORES page? ;-)

edit: fixed paragraph misformatting that the forum software STILL insists to do ...

Select QTY. Box stations. Step option is now available.

There is a thread about this change on the Hornet forum. Could even be a sticky.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Select QTY. Box stations. Step option is now available.

There is a thread about this change on the Hornet forum. Could even be a sticky.

I know this, but as I already explained, this is very cumbersome and errorprone imo. I would have to set the QTY just to prepare the Mode=TOO, and then have to undo the QTY setting again because I want to release the bombs individually.

What I am looking for is if I am missing an more obvious or more intuitive way to do this.

Not really missing anything. If you want to release bombs individually, you don't even need to use QTY, just select the weapon, change to TOO mode and you're good to go; it's one at a time. For me, the main function for QTY is to pre-program multiple stations, or to select a specific station. You don't have to select more than one station in QTY, you can just select one if you want.

If you want to release multiples with one ripple, you have to use QTY, no way around it, even in PP mode. Unless you plan to pickle each one individually. Besides, the most you're going to be able to get away with in TOO mode is 2 at a time (TOO1/TOO2).

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

This, unfortunately, does not help in my case

In his video, once the first JDAM is set to TOO mode, all weapons are set to TOO mode automatically when they are dropped subsequentially. But when I tried it, I had to set each bomb individually to TOO mode before designating and releasing them. ED has changed the behaviour here, it seems.

Are you changing the mode from the main Stores page, or the JDAM Display page?

Iirc, I was on the JDAM page for the first weapon - just to make sure the designation would work and coordinates were actually transfered. For the second drop, I changed it to TOO at the STORES page, as that was the page the system returned to after dropping the first bomb.

"STEP Change for JSOW/JDAM" - How to deal with multiple TOO?

The only thing that makes sense at the moment (OB) with STEP is that it's an option that appears when a QTY of at least 2 stations is selected but other than that it does not work in a logical sense.

UPDATE: If you select QTY Stns 3 & 7 only, the 1st pickle will dispense 2 bombs, 1 from each Stn (3 & 7). But the 2nd pickle won't work, no bombs will drop from any of the Stns. This does not happen if you select only Stns 2 & 8 in QTY in that the 1st pickle will dispense 2 bombs, 1 from each Stn (2 & 8 ) and the 2nd pickle will drop the remaining 2 bombs (from Stns 2 & 8 ). Is this a bug?

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64