ATC System Wish List

Aginor

Anything similar to BMS Falcon 4.32 would be great

This would be my wishlist. Being able to simply request stuff like QFE and wind before I'm on final to a socked in strip would be great. Being able to declare emergency and get priority, and the ATC giving taxiway directions is wonderful.

So basically, just copy the BMS ATC system, but keep the current ground crew systems, with the addition of being able to reload/fuel my plane with the engines going.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

So basically, just copy the BMS ATC system, but keep the current ground crew systems, with the addition of being able to reload/fuel my plane with the engines going.

FWIW you already can reload/refuel with your engines on. You'll need to use the intercom for the crew chief to be able to hear you, though. Basically the game pretends that if you're parked then the crew chief plugs in his headset so you can make requests over the intercom.

Not sure how/if it works for FC3 aircraft though.

• 2 weeks later...
Well unless the mission is poorly designed you can just change the frequency off of the ATC once you've departed and switch back upon your return. Generally flights shouldn't be set up to use the same frequency as ATC.

Or you could turn that radio off. :D

How to do that with Su 27 in FC3?

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

www.jna.site50.net

How to do that with Su 27 in FC3?

you cant, but you can change reports with Rshift+\ until the setting is on player communications + player reports.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know a lot of the traffic jam probs could be resolved if you could put clients in ME in the same flight instead of individual flights. Each aircraft is counted as it's own flight. You can only add so aircraft to the same flight. Which is annoying when in a group and getting the constant hold position messages for a four ship flight. I've tried manually changing the group in the mission file but it corrects itself after launching the map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: :joystick: :pilotfly:

AMD FX8350 8 core @ Stock Clock

G. Skill X Series 32GB (4x 8GB) @ 2200Mhz OC

GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair H110 Liquid Cooler

• 2 months later...

Take a look at VOXATC that can be used in FSX. Real nice program that adds a ton of realism to the flying. You talk to the AI ATC. That's as real as it gets.

That would be what I hope for in DCS World. To push buttons to let the computer speak to ATC is not real at all and a program like VOXATC would be freaking awesome!

Couldnt you do this with simple voice recognition software now?

Yes, they use windows speech program so absolutly!

That's why it's so good. Would be awesome for does who like it to be as realistic as possible.

If you guys fly in FSX, you know what I'm talking about, Voxatc, VATSIM.

It's nice to have a "real" atc to speak to.

A question?

Is it impossible to maby use VOXATC in DCS World? If the company who make this program would be intrested?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, they use windows speech program so absolutly!

That's why it's so good. Would be awesome for does who like it to be as realistic as possible.

If you guys fly in FSX, you know what I'm talking about, Voxatc, VATSIM.

Oh yeah, man. Love the stuff that FSX/P3D modders crank out every day. Love how VoxATC has a 7-day trial, and now I feel like buying it.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Take a look at VOXATC that can be used in FSX. Real nice program that adds a ton of realism to the flying. You talk to the AI ATC. That's as real as it gets.

Perhaps for offline flying. For online? No.

Have a look at PilotEdge.

A guy named Keith Smith owns/runs it (super nice guy). A fantastic podcast with him explaining it all found here.

In regards to the topic, I would agree that a Falcon-like ATC would be great.

Edited by Booger

• 1 month later...

ATC in DCS World 2.0

I have looked for some info on the forum but have had no luck, so I am hoping someone can comment......

With all of the improvements coming to DCS World, I am surprised no one is talking about (or asking for) improvements to the ATC system. Is this correct or am I missing something?

As great as DCS world is, AI ATC has never gotten any love for as long as I can remember.

Any info is appreciated!! thanks

CPU:i7920 @2.67GHz overclocked to 3.25Ghz

Video:ATI HD5780 Single Monitor

Ram:8 GB DDR3

Equipment:TrackIR4, Buttkicker2Gamer,CH ProFlight Pedals, Saitek X65 Controller

No info on ATC improvements at this time.

Thanks for the quick reply. That is a bummer.

So is the lack of ATC just something that I am hoping for or do other people feel the same way?

CPU:i7920 @2.67GHz overclocked to 3.25Ghz

Video:ATI HD5780 Single Monitor

Ram:8 GB DDR3

Equipment:TrackIR4, Buttkicker2Gamer,CH ProFlight Pedals, Saitek X65 Controller

• ED Team

So is the lack of ATC just something that I am hoping for or do other people feel the same way?

They are planned the last we heard, they just are stuck behind other things, I think ED is well aware they need some TLC :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 1 month later...
Well unless the mission is poorly designed you can just change the frequency off of the ATC once you've departed and switch back upon your return. Generally flights shouldn't be set up to use the same frequency as ATC.

Or you could turn that radio off. :D

None of you better be using an ATC frequency to talk to other agencies or aircraft! We don't like that and you'll get in trouble for doing it! :mad:

Frequency management is a real big problem in real world war fighting.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I'm pretty sure that serious ATC could be done as a paid for module similiar in scope and effort as one of the realistic aircraft modules. That is probably what it will take to get an in-depth ATC experience.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 5 weeks later...

To keep the DCSW 2.0 thread clean I am posting my questions here:

Now that DCSW 2.0 is near, are there any new plans by ED for the time after 2.0 to tackle the massive AI problems we are suffering from, especially with the ATC? I mean, it is great that we got some small bugfixes in the last few months, but to keep the sim alive we will need more, this thread is full of cool suggestions and we'd be happy to help ED with that.

So any news on that topic?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Dcs world Air traffic control.

What Will atc be like in dcs 2.0?

Will it be better then The atc we have now?

Will it be more like falcon allied force?

Or Will there be no real difference as to what we have in The current version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're not alone on this. It is one of the features I'm waiting the most for. The way it is right now is just really bad (especially if you came from Falcon 4.0) and takes away a lot of immersion.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm currently an ATC trainee in real life and would love to be able to sit in a simulated tower/center and control aircraft in multiplayer that way. Or any option to act as a controller would be great.

That is what would be awesome addition to Combined Arms:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2315124#post2315124

You could as well take position as GCI and help pilots in dog fights.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.