INS alignment

MustangSally

I created a training mission for myself last night, with takeoff from Al Dhafra, heading out to a carrier group, A/A refuel and finally return back to IP.

My question is - do I have re-align the INS after I land on the carrier prior to takeoff again??

Thanks

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Thanks, much appreciated.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 1 year later...

hey so looking around on here I'm not finding anything. But The other day I landed on mom and INS got knocked out of align. I tried setting knob to CV on the deck but mfcd just flashed 00:00 and never aligned anything. The standby attitude reference gauge was all wacko too. Did I do something wrong? Why was I unable to realign my INS? I dont have a track file but if I can get it to happen again I can surely provide one.

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

hey so looking around on here I'm not finding anything. But The other day I landed on mom and INS got knocked out of align. I tried setting knob to CV on the deck but mfcd just flashed 00:00 and never aligned anything. The standby attitude reference gauge was all wacko too. Did I do something wrong? Why was I unable to realign my INS? I dont have a track file but if I can get it to happen again I can surely provide one.

I seemed to have that happened to me once before. I know it wasn’t a bug and it was something I did. Pretty sure what I ended up doing was going through a full shut down procedure and restart up the aircraft. If anything it gives you time to go through your knee board and get all your ducks in a row before you take off again! Haha

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube

As far as I know, right now, INS alignment is not modeled. You get the alignment countdown timer on startup, but it's just eye candy. You can switch directly into Nav mode and go without doing an alignment at all.

As far as I know, right now, INS alignment is not modeled. You get the alignment countdown timer on startup, but it's just eye candy. You can switch directly into Nav mode and go without doing an alignment at all.

This. Actual INS alignment will be implemented later.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This. Actual INS alignment will be implemented later.

Seems like it. They had started do change some stuff a while ago, but I think they reverted back to the earlier state and are going to revisit it later.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro