Why do Groups just stop moving?

GPatricks

New to CA, trying the 1st mission. I set paths to points, usually using the roads to get things like Msta Arty into range. They move up to a point and then seem to refuse to go when I try and move them again? Also, why would 1 of the 4 units not fire? I assign targets individually to each but one just sits there with his gun pointing in the air. Seems to happen with the MLRS also. I'll check next time, maybe they are out of supplies? The tank and other groups always respond, though they run out of ammo quick too, guess I need to get that Ural 375 supply truck more involved, haven't tried rearming yet.

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Also, why would 1 of the 4 units not fire? I assign targets individually to each but one just sits there with his gun pointing in the air. Seems to happen with the MLRS also. I'll check next time, maybe they are out of supplies? The tank and other groups always respond, though they run out of ammo quick too, guess I need to get that Ural 375 supply truck more involved, haven't tried rearming yet.

it takes a while for the ai to fire (sometimes 5 min), but they will eventually on their own. Alternatively, you could manually jump into them once you place an attack marker for the ai. They will already have their guns pointed at the target, and all you have to do is pull the trigger.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

also rearming causes them to stop. There's several reasons.

Infantry Cowardice is the most easy to see

Getting stuck probably the next easy to see (they still run around lamp posts and buildings when crossing urban areas on occasion)

SAM's rearming is a silent thing they get up to. Never noticed on art but probably exists for all types.

Proximity to sea

In the process of firing (things like arty have warm up times and can't be stopped)

There's probably more reasons, it's quite difficult to understand what the AI is doing and there should be a live feedback per group for that to help users.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Infantry will only shoot at things they can damage, other infantry, or soft skinned vehicles. It seems to help them engage if they are moved before being in range of each other. It seems if they start too close the ROE state may not change. You can also force state changes in the map with CA.

To the OP, there are plenty of pathing bugs on top of all the in game reasons already mentioned. Sometimes just re-routing them will get them going if it's a pathing problem.

Thanks guys, I think I just expected too much of it!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR