What is "notching" ?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

can anybody please send me saved track file for FC2.0 with notching technique? An if there could be included succesfull evasive maneuver against AA-12 Adder I will be very glad. A have very tough time everytime this missile,from 80% Im dead!

Hi,

can anybody please send me saved track file for FC2.0 with notching technique? An if there could be included succesfull evasive maneuver against AA-12 Adder I will be very glad. A have very tough time everytime this missile,from 80% Im dead!

Hi,

Go here:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/a2a.htm

and download:

VIDEO :: R-27ER VS AIM-120: Winning the SARH vs ARH Duel

You will see how ironhand is defeating the AIM 120, this is also a ARH missile and the same maneuver you can use for R-77.

A.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Ha. . .I have a good old memory with Flanker 2.5 when you could beaming and notching in Su-27/33 against F-15 and becoming untouchable due to Flanker weapon range superiority. Particularly when there was A-50, SARH missiles became "ARH" hehe. Its probably not realistic but its fun.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Please

I still cant notch anemy radar lock. Distance 40km and 90deg angle to my oponent heading down at 30deg. Im 10 000ft below him and still cant loose his lock!

Please someone put notch guide video on youtube or send me track or Tacview file. Many many thanks. Im desperate.

Attach a track or (preferably) a tacview of your issues and we might be able to spot what you are doing wrong.

Are you chaffing once you entered the notch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The RWR will continue to warn you even if the lock is dropped, so you can't go by RWR. You, you must be confident that you have notched the bandit - ie. you must fly with precision.

Please

I still cant notch anemy radar lock. Distance 40km and 90deg angle to my oponent heading down at 30deg. Im 10 000ft below him and still cant loose his lock!

Please someone put notch guide video on youtube or send me track or Tacview file. Many many thanks. Im desperate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The RWR will continue to warn you even if the lock is dropped, so you can't go by RWR. You, you must be confident that you have notched the bandit - ie. you must fly with precision.

But wouldn't the tone change from tracking to search? Obviously the radar waves are still getting to you, so the enemy appears on your RWR, but when he loses lock the tone will change right? Unless he is on TWS...

Not necessarily. The RWR has a few seconds of 'memory' to make sure you don't miss a signal.

But wouldn't the tone change from tracking to search? Obviously the radar waves are still getting to you, so the enemy appears on your RWR, but when he loses lock the tone will change right? Unless he is on TWS...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Please

Set up a 1v1 unarmed mission scenario that RedTiger mentioned on the last page. You can test losing the radar lock without getting shot down, (or alternatively, set invulnerability on). I know that a lost RWR signal is not 100% guarantee of a successfully notched radar, but it’s a pretty good guide to begin with.

There are loads of discussions on these forums about this, I myself badgered everybody and their gran a few months ago to give me in depth explanations as there is bugger all on youtube, etc.

You will get the hang of it mate. The trick seems to be quick, precise movements and that just takes practice. You also can’t realistically do it when the enemy is too close.

I agree about the TacView thing though. If some of the more experienced guys would post a ACMI or .TRK............

*EDIT* here's one from A.S. Not on specifics, but worth a watch.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54122

Ive watched Ironhands clip on this, but, to be honest, as he was flying the russian bird (and did a 'baywatch style' crossfade just as he was getting to the "money shot" / notching :P), I couldn't make much sense out of it. There seems to be a very specific rule set about missile avoidance with the Beryoza regarding missile range which you dont have in the F-15.

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals