At night, during landing, how to light up landing runway on carrier?

bin801

I edited a mission for night carrier landing.

Untill one time I watch an AI F18 landed on carrier Stennis, I realized there are runway lights on "landing runway deck"(I don't know the name) .

And, after the AI F18 arrive the park position, the runway light and perpendicular light line at stern went off automatically, while the other lights on deck left on.

My question is, how can I call those runway lights on?

Thank you!

You need to call ATC for inbound.

Thank you, I 'll try.

To contact carrier ATC, in self edit mission, do I need preset ATC channel for carrier or not?

I'll try.

BTW, beyond my question, about "Do not expect fairness. The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone." totally agree and sigh.

Edited by bin801

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with the Stennis lights as well. I made a simple mission with rain during daylight and even when following all the steps in Chuck’s manual (with radio frequencies and ATC) I did not manage to get the Stennis’ deck lights on (and it is way too dark to land without them). When I press Inbound nothing happens, except that the ATC menu gives me the opportunity to request landing on an airfield. So even when I contact the Stennis I get an answer from an airfield. Something that strikes me as strange: when I press Enter after inserting the Stennis frequency (127500) the notification ‘FM’ on the UFC disappears while the frequency remains displayed. Does anyone else have this problem? Do I have to make some adjustments in the mission builder to get the lights to work?

Best regards,

Stickshaker

There are two steps to complete

1. Call inbound and let CVN give you the direction. From my F4 days I do this 30nm from the CVN

2. Get landing clearance

If you omit the second step -> no full runway lights

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I edited a mission for night carrier landing.

Untill one time I watch an AI F18 landed on carrier Stennis, I realized there are runway lights on "landing runway deck"(I don't know the name) .

And, after the AI F18 arrive the park position, the runway light and perpendicular light line at stern went off automatically, while the other lights on deck left on.

My question is, how can I call those runway lights on?

Thank you!

Sing "I just call to light youuuuu" real loud ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tune the radio to the Stennis frequency (127.500) (I don’t know whether this is needed with Easy communications enabled). Then contact the Stennis by first pressing the transmit button (ralt \), then F5 (ATC), then F1 (Stennis), then F1 (inbound) and then F1 (landing clearance). If it I dark enough (see the post above) the lights should switch on. I ask landing clearance when on finals, so as to be sure to be close enough to the carrier, but I do not know whether that is relevant.

Daytime Carrier Lighting

I’m sure it’s in this form somewhere, but can anyone tell me if there is a trick to getting the carrier lights to turn on during the DAY. I have been playing around with landing in fog and heavy rain during the day, but it seems as if the lights on the Stennis are only available if the sun is down (or low).

Thanks, David

Not sure if that is an option (yet), assuming you did call ATC/Inbound.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Thank you.

I see the thread now. Understand it has been added to the bug thread.

Oh... I wouldn't be so sure, hopefully it has.

I wonder how hard would it be to assign a key to carrier lighting or... add it to existing "flashlight"

key or something:doh:

How about expected recovery time in ME the lights would magically come on and stay till the last bird is on deck...

Also, I would apply exactly the same lighting rules to daytime... Has anyone tried Case I with the sun reflecting from catapult rails? At least the centerline and drop lights would be helpful, especially in VR. Right now I use the boat's wake in certain lighting conditions to get help with line-up then "strain" my eyes to distinguish landing area lines vs. catapult reflections. Or... make the catapults less shiny:smilewink:

I don't ever have problems (knock on wood), I have 'easy communications' checked in the options, no dialing.

I fly my training missions in Dusk and Dawn, where at summer dawn, 7.44u or something, it is clear as day, as soon as I communicate with Stennis the lights go on.

If I bolter or touch and go, the lights switch off, I enter the pattern, contact the carrier ATC again, lights switch on again,

which makes finding the groove easier (the angle), even when I can see the carrier clearly at a distance.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I don't ever have problems (knock on wood), I have 'easy communications' checked in the options, no dialing.

I fly my training missions in Dusk and Dawn, where at summer dawn, 7.44u or something, it is clear as day, as soon as I communicate with Stennis the lights go on.

If I bolter or touch and go, the lights switch off, I enter the pattern, contact the carrier ATC again, lights switch on again,

which makes finding the groove easier (the angle), even when I can see the carrier clearly at a distance.

Absolutely,

When I fly SP I try to create perfect lighting angle and superb conditions for daytime carrier ops, then I go online and my "skipper" puts the sun right in my eyes during a critical part of the break roll-out so I can't see the HUD and if I don't put the HUD repeater on my DDI I can't see s##t and he has lots of other wonderful ideas.