Artificial Pilot Body in the Way

LowRider88

The FW modules i fly (Hornet , Albatross) have the pilot body , and i find it much increases the immersion in VR . And yes , i do occasionally have to remove it momentarily via Hotas to access a switch , usually on startup .

I very much appreciate the feature , and support the OP wish , although i have no opinion on difficulty of an effective implementation .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

In my opinion the pilot body does not make sense in sim terms either. IRL you are not blocked from seeing what you're doing by your own body, and in effect you don't really "see" your body most of the time. Your brain pretty much filters it out so you can make sense of reality. If you were constantly noticing your body all day whenever you wanted to reach out and touch something it would be very distracting. To me, seeing the guy in the cockpit is less realistic than an empty cockpit where I can see everything around me easily.

The FW modules i fly (Hornet , Albatross) have the pilot body , and i find it much increases the immersion in VR . And yes , i do occasionally have to remove it momentarily via Hotas to access a switch , usually on startup .

I very much appreciate the feature , and support the OP wish , although i have no opinion on difficulty of an effective implementation .

Although I presented the request, I think Sirrah's ideas are more ideal.

If you prefer other development priorities, then you should be posting your own enhancements rather than discrediting those you disagree with.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you but this feature would have to be well done or not at all. Otherwise players would just switch it off. Doing this well would not be so easy.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you but this feature would have to be well done or not at all. Otherwise players would just switch it off. Doing this well would not be so easy.

I think we all very much agree on that one. At least I do :thumbup:

Also I do understand the "resistance" (not sure if that's the correct English term here?) some have on this matter. I often tend to pound on wishes here myself when I think they are not properly thought through and would use to much of ED's time to implement. Time that in my eyes should be spend on more important stuff.

As for a proper dynamic pilot body however.. Sure that would be an immense job to implement and at the moment I too think there are more pressing matters. But eventually, after a few years maybe, a properly worked out feature like this would make DCS even more unique than it already is.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I support the idea. The flying empty cockpit is just silly to watch.

Easy: Binding for temporary removing or making semi-transparent hands and/or legs depending on module and view point.

Medium: Hand/leg instantly move to the position where it doesn't obscure any switch/gauge depending on center of view.

Hard: Fully animated lifting hand/moving leg either by bind or look.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I support the idea. The flying empty cockpit is just silly to watch.

Easy: Binding for temporary removing or making semi-transparent hands and/or legs depending on module and view point.

Medium: Hand/leg instantly move to the position where it doesn't obscure any switch/gauge depending on center of view.

Hard: Fully animated lifting hand/moving leg either by bind or look.

Thanks for supporting this Draconus!

These are great ideas :thumbup:

I vote for medium or hard!