Centering TrackIR5 in DCS

gdotts

Trying to get the Thrustmaster Warthog to bind Track IR5 (CENTER....F!2) so I can center the IR5 in DCS. The keyboard F12 will center me but when I try to use the F12 after binding I get an airport ground unit. The enclosed picture shows the Adjust control box ...says Ithe IR5 will not take commands when I select the column to bind. I was trying to use Num5 to center in this example. Please advise.

You are getting a conflict with the default function of F12 within DCS. TrackIR usually suppresses the Sim use of the binding when it's the same, but I've seen it conflict as well. I Change the Centering in TrackIR Software to R_Ctrl+R_Shift+F12 as that doesn't conflict with any DCS Function and then Bind that with TARGET to my HOTAS, but you could also do it with something like RSMapper or any other software that allows you to emulate keystrokes with your DX controller.

Trying to get the Thrustmaster Warthog to bind Track IR5 (CENTER....F!2) so I can center the IR5 in DCS. The keyboard F12 will center me but when I try to use the F12 after binding I get an airport ground unit. The enclosed picture shows the Adjust control box ...says Ithe IR5 will not take commands when I select the column to bind. I was trying to use Num5 to center in this example. Please advise.

I would suggest using F13, remember with USB codes you can use F13 - F24, these are never used in games and always a safe bet, TrackIR also recognises these keys as does SRS etc, so a nice way to get 12 extra easy keys.

• Like 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

I would suggest using F13, remember with USB codes you can use F13 - F24, these are never used in games and always a safe bet, TrackIR also recognises these keys as does SRS etc, so a nice way to get 12 extra easy keys.

I've had that approach as well but I've found that sometimes I do want to have the ability to center with my keyboard, for example I may be messing about with TrackIR and my Hotas is disconnected.

Just a headup, depending on the user this may be completely irrelevant.

I use a VKB Gladiator 2 stick and have one of the buttons on the base set to center TIR.

The problem with that is that TrackIR software is badly designed in that regard, so if you have several controllers, For example a Joystick and a Throttle, and use DX button # in either controller, the other controller will also have the same TrackIR function assigned to it on the same button #.

Centering TrackIR5 in DCS

The problem with that is that TrackIR software is badly designed in that regard, so if you have several controllers, For example a Joystick and a Throttle, and use DX button # in either controller, the other controller will also have the same TrackIR function assigned to it on the same button #.

Only if you assign virtual device buttons with duplicate functions to it, that can be worked around by not using the same virtual device button assignment on different devices. Each virtual device can have up to 128 DX inputs via vjoy, and you can have multiple virtual devices as well so plenty of ways to avoid conflicts.

In my case, I simply assign one of the unused buttons on my Winwing throttle (not via virtual device) and there is no crosstalk with other peripherals.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Only if you assign virtual device buttons with duplicate functions to it, that can be worked around by not using the same virtual device button assignment on different devices. Each virtual device can have up to 128 DX inputs via vjoy, and you can have multiple virtual devices as well so plenty of ways to avoid conflicts.

In my case, I simply assign one of the unused buttons on my Winwing throttle (not via virtual device) and there is no crosstalk with other peripherals.

You seem to have totally missed the point and context of my answer to CBStu

Unfortunately most of that is way over my head. All I know is that it works. I used to use the F1, F2, F10, and F12 buttons on the keyboard. Since I got the new stick I have more buttons than I need. Using the keyboard has always been a pain so I decided to try to move those 4 functions to the base of the stick. I did that easily and it is working fine. BTW I do not use the TARGET stuff so maybe there is a difference.

Unfortunately most of that is way over my head. All I know is that it works. I used to use the F1, F2, F10, and F12 buttons on the keyboard. Since I got the new stick I have more buttons than I need. Using the keyboard has always been a pain so I decided to try to move those 4 functions to the base of the stick. I did that easily and it is working fine. BTW I do not use the TARGET stuff so maybe there is a difference.

Oh it works alright, that's not the problem, it's also not a Target issue, on the contrary one of the reasons I started using Target was to get around this problem.

Let me try to explain better. I don't know the VKB joystick or what's the button numbering on it. But that button you are using has a DX number 1-32, now if you are using a throttle that will also have a 1-32 button number. When you press the button on your throttle that has the same number as the button on your joystick that you assigned to trackIR that will do the same exact thing. This is because trackIR software is only locking for DX button pressed regardless of which controller sent it. This is a really bad oversight on the part of natural point and we have to work around it.

Now like I said I don't know the VKB hardware but I remember it has a control box right? Do you connect all your devices there being detected as one device? If that's the case it probably has a higher button count, like TARGET can also provide, and that may be the reason you never encountered the issue when using the throttle.

I know that some of the VKB sticks have a box but mine does not. I see what you are saying that the VKB stick has a set of buttons and so does the TM throttle. I may not have anything assigned to the matching button on the throttle so haven't had a problem.

I used to use F-12 but found that Weapon Select Left on the warthog (not used for Hornet) works great.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Nah guns is aft per the default/ actual. there is no WSS Left in the plane which makes it a good choice. Ah OK Chuck inverts his layouts, if you look at the actual hornet throttle youll find WSS left is not used and apparently if you have a hornet stick its almost impossible to use. if you look at the actual layout wSS is off the right pinky not where chuck says.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png