[CANNOT REPRODUCE]Trim is too sensitive

Currently the trim is too sensitive.

This is a manual trim, so not limited by f.e. electric motor performance, like in some planes.

Yet, we mostly use digital commands for trim in this sim (like the trim hat on the WH TM).

Please consider reducing the gain on the trim.

Tank you

I find this to be an issue with all WW2 birds, making it quite a challenge to trim properly.

I wish a small tap on the trim switch or hotas would give a very small increment, while a longer hold would allow for bigger, faster changes.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I agree. This not only applies to the P-47 but the gain on all trim for all aircraft in DCS is too much.

The gain should be reduced to half or even a quarter to what it is now.

As others have said, rather have more precision than faster moving trim.

I'm not having any issues since I use sliders to trim, but I can agree that this is an issue with key mapped trim - on most modules, sadly.

Just having the issue that I get max. ~50% of trim range with FFB and a 25 curve (with which the pitch axis still is very sensitive around the center).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I mean, I think there is a simple fix to this. Both a normal trim movement button like it is now, and a finer button to make adjustments. Similar to how there are two types of zoom buttons (normal) and slow. That way you can quickly move the trim in emergencies but also have the ability to adjust quite finely to find the optimum for cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get cheat button which will trim plane at particular instance for level flight ?

Or somethinr like semi-autopilot for alt hold :P

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Changing Gain in "clickabledata.lua"

These axis/button controls have "Gain" values defined in "clickabledata.lua" in folder "...DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\P-47D-30\Cockpit\Scripts".

I had already modified the gains for the Prop lever and the gunsight wingspan wheel. Based on the comments in this thread, I reduced the gain values for the 3 trim axes from 0.025 to 0.0125. I tried this in a free flight mission and it seems satisfactory to me. If you want to embark on this mod:

the file has these lines beginning in line 638:

-- Trim Control Box ---------------------------------------------------------------
           -- Aileron Trim Wheel
           elements["pnt_91"] = cabin_axis_limited(0, _('Aileron Trim'),  devices.CONTROLS, device_commands.Button_1, 91, 0.0, 0.025, false, false, {-1.0, 1.0}) 
           elements["pnt_91"].sound = {{SOUND_SW5}}
           -- Elevator Trim Wheel
           elements["pnt_92"] = cabin_axis_limited(0, _('Elevator Trim'), devices.CONTROLS, device_commands.Button_4, 92, 0.0, 0.025, false, false, {-1.0, 1.0})
           elements["pnt_92"].sound = {{SOUND_SW5}}
           -- Rudder Trim Wheel
           elements["pnt_93"] = cabin_axis_limited(0, _('Rudder Trim'),   devices.CONTROLS, device_commands.Button_7, 93, 0.0, 0.025, false, false, {-1.0, 1.0})
           elements["pnt_93"].sound = {{SOUND_SW5}}

Each of the 3 long lines has the value 0.025 before the ", false...". This value is the "Gain" of the command. It defines how fast the axis rotates while you keep the button depressed and you can reduce it.

For editing .lua files, I recommend the free Notepad++. Remember that Repair or Update will restore the original file. If that's your only modified .lua file, make a backup copy of your modified file. If you have multiple modifiied files you are probably already using a program like JvGME or OvGME to manage your mods.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Is this with trim from axes or keyboard? With trim mapped to my HOTAS buttons I don't have any trouble trimming at all. Light taps is all that's needed.

it's for HOTAS/keyboard/button box. Personally I could live with the original gain, but slightly slowed down it's more precise.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

Sticky for me, LeCuvier reference to Lua mod.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).