When can we expect critical bugs to be fixed?

bkthunder

F-14 has been developed by Heatblur (3rd party developer), not ED and it shows. While it took long time they released practically complete F-14B module (with some minor missing features) same as their module before.

Im so happy with F-14 module that I actually want all modules to be made by HB only (Heatblurs F-4 Phantom II needs to be a thing).

ED on the other hand released F-18, and especially F-16 in a sorry state, and finished product are no where to be seen. Hell the UH-1 still does not have multicrew capability and F-5 have not been touched in many months.

Agree with you here, if I’m not correct I thought that ED were holding 3rd party developers to the very high stand which themselves to a degree completely ignored. I understand the concept of early access but when all ED seem to do is release early access modules It makes you start to think twice about who’s modules are worth purchasing at the end of the day...

Interesting point though:smilewink:

The flight model is not totally broken, we are looking into the tail wind issue, and it has been a complicated issue for sure and has taken more time than we would have liked, but totally broken, you exaggerate.

Depends on your and mine definition of totally broken I guess.

Let's just say that it flies, and it does so based on the wrong set of data which in turn make the FM more and more inaccurate proportionally to the wind speed. Oh, don't forget the engine simulation part, that's pretty bugged as well with RPM and thrust changing based on, again, wind, as well as the strange Idle-mil RPM and fuel flow bug.

Edited by bkthunder
grammar

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I agree with BIGNEWY. Not only does it take a very strong wind to really affect the flight model, it can be circumvented by flying without (significant) wind.

It's by far my most flown aircraft in DCS. Compared to all the other sims, handling, feeling, realism, immersion and smoothness is a delight :)

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Depends on your and mine definition of totally broken I guess.

Let's just say that it flies, and it does so based on the wrong set of data which in turn make the FM more and more inaccurate proportionally to the wind speed. Oh, don't forget the engine simulation part, that's pretty bugged as well with RPM and thrust changing based on, again, wind, as well as the strange Idle-mil RPM and fuel flow bug.

Are we still Talking about the F-5E???

Are we still Talking about the F-5E???

Well duh! We are in the DCS: F-5E Tiger II » When can we expect critical bugs to be fixed?

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Well duh! We are in the DCS: F-5E Tiger II » When can we expect critical bugs to be fixed?

:music_whistling:

If you look thru the thread you'll see where the discussion started drifting off to other aircraft.

That's all. No need for the rudeness!

Don't understand this question since you quoted bkthunder, who's obviously referring to the F-5E.

OMG!!

The discussion had gone from talking about the F-5E to about the developers putting out incomplete mods. ie, referencing some of the other mods/planes.....

I was just confirming that all the recent and harsh mod negativity on the last few post were being directly solely at the F-5.

Which it's a shame "if" this module is that incomplete/buggy seeing as high it's one of the higher priced ones. People should get what they pay for.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the new A-10C II gets released at the end of the month, I want to assume ED will give some proper love to other OLD Modules like the F-5E

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

After the new A-10C II gets released at the end of the month, I want to assume ED will give some proper love to other OLD Modules like the F-5E

After the A10C II....dude, sorry to break it to you but after that they have the Mi-24, while also in theory having to work on the SC and all the other WIP stuff.

The thing is, the F-5 doesn't bring any money therefore it will never take priority over the latest EA module, and there is always something EA being launched.

The point here is they have to seriously stop for a minute and take a look at the massively erroneous FM of the F-5 before they can even call it a simulator.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

After the A10C II....dude, sorry to break it to you but after that they have the Mi-24, while also in theory having to work on the SC and all the other WIP stuff.

The thing is, the F-5 doesn't bring any money therefore it will never take priority over the latest EA module, and there is always something EA being launched.

The point here is they have to seriously stop for a minute and take a look at the massively erroneous FM of the F-5 before they can even call it a simulator.

yea, like that is gonna happen..

Its so frustrating.The only thing you can do is vote with your wallet and stop buying.

Regards,

Snappy

The only thing you can do is vote with your wallet and stop buying.

Already did. I might buy the A-10 beacause it's fairly priced for owners of the original A-10, and it probably is relatively finished on release. Other than that, I haven't bought and will not buy anything until all the EA stuff I already own is done.

wait, what?

We paid for this module! What do you mean it's never going to get completed?

As recently highlighted by the Harrier debacle, feature complete, product sustainement etc. don't have any precise meaning, which in turn means if "EA is not for everyone", so is a "finished" product. So from now on, make sure to spend a few hours reading forums, bug reports etc to get an idea what you're buying, even if it's a "finished" product.

Same here.

I only buy anymore once I've read enough forum content that the module is as it should be.

Don't need perfect but the reason we pay so much for DCS modules is because we are not just your every day run and gun simmers. We want immersion and we are willing to pay for it.

It's like the difference between buying a basic Hyundai or going into a BMW dealership and getting what you pay for. If I wanted every day incomplete sims I can get that for $40 in one box with 20 different planes.

If the sim is going to be just like buying the the generic flight sims of the past why bother.

Just curious, what is so wrong with the F5 that has some of you not wanting to really fly it anymore? Or perhaps what are some of the major bugs that need fixing? I'm interested in getting it but not so much after reading this.

They do not ruin the module IMO. It's not perfect but it is still perfectly flyable and very fun. The fixes will come in time I am sure

Just curious, what is so wrong with the F5 that has some of you not wanting to really fly it anymore? Or perhaps what are some of the major bugs that need fixing? I'm interested in getting it but not so much after reading this.

For just the basic let's go up and dogfight its not bad but when you read through all the post on this thread and all the attached threads that go with it it seams pretty extensive.

Look, I own most of the other modules (with some regret), but I would definitely pass on ALL of the updates for EA stuff when one of the few COMPLETE modules is so broken I can’t even fly it.

They should fix the release stuff that breaks before they add features to EA modules.

:thumbup:

Yes. The worst advertisement against buying in EA is that "completed" modules are unmaintained.