DCS World Open Beta Dedicated Server

• ED Team

Description.

'DCS World Open Beta Dedicated Server' installer install special DCS World version which intended to work as a dedicated server and doesn't contains textures and sounds. Installed server takes approx. 52 GB on HDD and works as a full-functional server controlled only by WEB (i.e. without any GUI features). This version already includes ALL available terrains and WWII units module, works without 3D graphics and sounds.

Terrain and WWII units doesn't asked activations when launched in server mode without rendering, server owner shouldn't buy them.

NOTE: these 'free' terrains can work ONLY on dedicated server without rendering. You can't use them on client.

You can download installer from our site DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server

Installation.

Run installer, choose separate folder and install it as usual. Note: if you have previous server version based on DCS World client, uninstall it before. Installer will install DCS World base as well as all terrains and WWII units modules.

Write folder for dedicated server is: Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server

You don't need to add command line keys (--server and/or --norender) into launch icon, server will start with these options by default.

Update: server checks update every day when launched (like DCS World).

Server control:

A. Local Web control. Just open link 'Local Web GUI' created after installation on your desktop

B. Remote Web control. Login to DCS site, go to you Profile page and select your server in list.

TBC

Edited by USSR_Rik
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Server deployed as a one module, terrain can't be excluded.

Dedicated Server uses default ports:

10308 TCP and UDP for DCS

8088 TCP for web-control

See also:

Dear users,

Our DCS web server utilize primary IP 54.36.51.100 to connect to your server web port. Our API uses server-to-client connection, so your server IP address and web port are not exposed via web browser. You can easily restrict your firewall only to this IP for DCS web port and access webgui from your site account.

A lot of information you can take here: DCS Server Control

Reserved for questions, answers, tips and notes

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

• ED Team

Reserved for questions, answers

G.K. Chesterton

Great Work Rik, I shall have a go at getting this set-up today (once link available)

Question: How do I stop it running auto update ?

Reason: A lot of us use scripts (eg batch files to launch / re-start DCS servers) having it auto update might cause issues - unless the auto update requires no interaction ?

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Question: Can you opt out of installing certain terrains for the Dedicated package? In example, if I want only Caucasus and Persian Gulf, can I decline Nevada and Normandy, to reduce the size of the install?

EDIT: Or at least, can I remove terrains directories from the installation, post-install without it causing issues? (as long as I only run Caucasus/Persian Gulf missions offcourse).

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Question: Do we still need a DCS account for this server ?

You cannot start DCS.exe itself to launch the server you have to use the DCS_updater.exe

if you try to use DCS.exe it will throw a wobbler and ask for keys for terrains

EDIT: Unless you use dcs.exe --server --norender --webgui

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Now this is more like it, opens up server hosting properly without the huge disk space limitations and messing about with those terrains, which were the big blockers for the masses when home hosting.

THANKS ED! My disks love you again!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team
EDIT: Or at least, can I remove terrains directories from the installation, post-install without it causing issues? (as long as I only run Caucasus/Persian Gulf missions offcourse).
On your own risk. But I don't recommend to save 6..35 GB on HDD this way.

G.K. Chesterton

Great , is it clear where to install it ?

saved games/Mods/ . ......

Oh and best to use OGMVE to handle this stuff (on both server and you local PC you play on)

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Can you please put an explanation on how to run multiple servers from the same installation?

Thank you guys!

it is in the thread Rik posted to earlier

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233486

No more pre-orders

Outstanding! Will try this out this evening!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Having some issues, the server wont autostart, it seems that the server tries to start then fails, but if i go into WebGUI and press RUN it starts up..

2019-04-24 14:01:44.948 INFO NET: server has started

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 INFO NET: No UPNP devices found.

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 INFO NET: Successfully set up Dual-Stack socket, using both IPv4 and IPv6

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 INFO NET: Listen to IPv6 on port 10308

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 INFO NET: Registering server as XXXXXXXX:10308 (port is assumed to be open)

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error get_server_info:?:0: attempt to index global 'mission' (a nil value).

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 WARNING NET: Failed to get_server_info()

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3

2019-04-24 14:01:48.953 INFO Lua: Lua CPU usage: metric: average game loading: 73.1468 %

2019-04-24 14:01:48.959 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:4

2019-04-24 14:01:48.961 INFO NET: state=ssLoading

2019-04-24 14:01:48.970 ERROR Dispatcher: Failed to load terrain

2019-04-24 14:01:49.004 INFO NET: server has stopped

2019-04-24 14:01:49.011 INFO Config: netview stopped

2019-04-24 14:01:49.011 INFO TERRAIN: lSystem::CleanScenes()

2019-04-24 14:01:49.011 INFO VISUALIZER: StopSimulation

2019-04-24 14:01:49.011 INFO VISUALIZER: Stopped collection of statistic.

Running out of ideas, so its soon back to the old ways.. at least it was working for me

EDIT:

My friend and i now have the same issue. It seems it doesnt read the ServerSettings.lua.

It disregard any port changes within that file..

Edited by Frosties

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

2019-04-24 14:34:00.449 ALERT WRADIO: Error in wMessage::buildSpeech(), event = wMsgATCTaxiToParkingArea: [string "./Sounds/Speech/common.lua"]:2017: attempt to index local 'roleData' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./Sounds/Speech/common.lua"]:2017: in function 'make'

[string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:140: in function <[string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:119>

No more pre-orders

• ED Team
Having some issues, the server wont autostart, it seems that the server tries to start then fails, but if i go into WebGUI and press RUN it starts up..

It will fail to autostart first time because mission list is empty. You are supposed to edit mission list via WebGUI and then start the server. Next time it will autostart.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.