Training Mission 02: Cold Start - bugs and feedback

baltic_dragon

I gave up and played ace combat instead ;)

In all seriousness it worked fine for me, as was pointed out during the training some of the functions referred to are still missing. All of the switches highlighted as needed and highlights seemed to disappear after clicking. There was a couple of times I had to re-click buttons when I probably did it earlier than I should have done on the displays but that is more down to user error than it not actually working as it should have.

Do you know if there are going to be any intentions to put the starting position automatically on the kneeboard similar to the M2K rather than having to do it either from the F-10 map or from the mission designer having to put it in the brief? Or am I being stupid and missing something obvious (wouldn't be the 1st time)?

Haha :) you didn't take the last instruction too seriously?

The key here is not to rush anything and really wait for all the highlights to properly highlight. I would actually recommend waiting for the instructor to finish talking and to read his instructions again where necessary to really follow him.

I will ask about the starting position, I think that would make a lot of sense since the idea is the same as for the M-2000C. And no, you're not missing anything, it just isn't there.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Haha :) you didn't take the last instruction too seriously?

The key here is not to rush anything and really wait for all the highlights to properly highlight. I would actually recommend waiting for the instructor to finish talking and to read his instructions again where necessary to really follow him.

I will ask about the starting position, I think that would make a lot of sense since the idea is the same as for the M-2000C. And no, you're not missing anything, it just isn't there.

Heh, wow, you actually put that line in there? I didn't expect that...ha!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

tool tips are turned off even though I have them on in my settings. Hit the throttle cutoff switch instead of the parking brake because it was hard to distinguish

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Heh, wow, you actually put that line in there? I didn't expect that...ha!

Sure I did, I think it is hilarious. BTW guys, Zilch is the guy doing all the instructor VOs and without him there would be no training!

tool tips are turned off even though I have them on in my settings. Hit the throttle cutoff switch instead of the parking brake because it was hard to distinguish

I'll check if I don't have them forced. Try ticking the option "Use this options for all missions" in the Gameplay tab and let me know if that helps.

Oh, and hit the cut off switch so many times now it is difficult to count. Mapped the brake to HOTAS not to do it again :D

Sure I did, I think it is hilarious. BTW guys, Zilch is the guy doing all the instructor VOs and without him there would be no training!

He's being generous. Someone more qualified may have actually done the voices if it hadn't been me. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm really happy to take part at all. Compared to the rest of the work going into this, I have the easy bit to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Baltic tryed to save my honnor but you beat me to it jajajaja Yes it actaully sais it on the mission. Sorry about that.

EDIT: teh message I deleated is where I ask about the ignigters test and teh airstart button.

Thanks aggain for the quick response Baltic_Dragon

Edited by Baco

• 1 month later...

the training mission requires a INS alignment, and Ill be damned if I can do what it states? look a the kneeboard map and get the L and Q and I don't see it, and I try to enter the Scratch pad and it wont accept it. something isn't clear on how to do this in the training mission.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 month later...
the training mission requires a INS alignment, and Ill be damned if I can do what it states? look a the kneeboard map and get the L and Q and I don't see it, and I try to enter the Scratch pad and it wont accept it. something isn't clear on how to do this in the training mission.

Yep completely stuck there as well. Can’t see anything to add on the Kneeboard, and no idea how to do so, if I do find it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hey guys, it is on the attached kneeboard page, which is in your kneeboard (just navigate left, so swap kneeboard pages to the left until you get there). Let me know if that helps.

You have to use the ODU buttons to choose the POS, click it once to enter the N part (2 for N and then the coordinates). Then click ODU button 2 again and enter the E part (6 for East and then coordinates). Confirm with enter each time.

409365131_KNEEBOARD09.thumb.jpg.cda67082d3d6bc9e3610cbc9494ebd37.jpg

Hey guys, it is on the attached kneeboard page, which is in your kneeboard (just navigate left, so swap kneeboard pages to the left until you get there). Let me know if that helps.

You have to use the ODU buttons to choose the POS, click it once to enter the N part (2 for N and then the coordinates). Then click ODU button 2 again and enter the E part (6 for East and then coordinates). Confirm with enter each time.

Cheers mate, will have another look later today.

That may be the issue, as my Kneeboard is that small I can’t actually read the writing on any of the airfield maps.

Was looking for the info on a nav page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Regarding the Fuel Shut Off and Park Brake Lever >>> They are in a tricky spot to get at, so I recommend that Both be programmed to your Hotas Throttle.

It makes access very simple and thus far less time consuming.

Re: Brake > I have my Hotas button configured for Releasing the Brake Only. It's easy to find and access with the mouse to re-engage it if/when necessary.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Can't get the Ground Alignment to work in this mission. Just have a flashing 00:00 after putting switch to Ground Align.

Also, the TACAN won't switch on at the prompt and instructions move too quickly to the next one and I miss what was asked.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Can't get the Ground Alignment to work in this mission. Just have a flashing 00:00 after putting switch to Ground Align.

Also, the TACAN won't switch on at the prompt and instructions move too quickly to the next one and I miss what was asked.

Same problem here. I can't get Ground Alignment to work.

Ok, I have found the solution. The exact coordinates of the aircraft position must be entered. Any inaccurate input, will cause the problem with Ground Alignment. It seems like the devs took a little shortcut when developed the INS system.

Ok, I have found the solution. The exact coordinates of the aircraft position must be entered. Any inaccurate input, will cause the problem with Ground Alignment. It seems like the devs took a little shortcut when developed the INS system.

Yes, for me, it was not inputting the MVAR value quickly enough. I slowed things down with alt-z to work it out!

That whole sequence needs to be slowed down. It all happens far too quickly, with instructions going off the screen before you can do anything!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...

I have some minor discrepancies when going through M02, and I'd appreciate to know if I am misunderstanding, doing something wrong or if it happens to everyone:

1) APU start: it is said that STBY TRU light should illuminate momentarily. It doesn't for me.

2) After engine start, another warning lights test is performed (with the LTS switch): it is said :"wait for LIDS light to illuminate". Well, the LIDS light illuminates immediatly. The LIDS light actually also illuminate when I perform this test at the very beginning, just after switching battery ON, and I am not sure it should (?)

3) Can't make the SAAHS test work. It is said: "initiate the SAAHS BIT from the BIT1 page on the right MPCD". It seems it is rather on the BIT2 page, right? When I initiate the test by pressing the SAAHS button on the BIT2 page, nothing happens."TEST" does not appear next to SAAHS legend, and DEP RES, YAW, PITCH and ROLL lights do not illuminate. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.