Training Missions updates and downloads

baltic_dragon

Well... maybe I am a little less upset about it today.

What was annoying for me was not that I was struggling to connect and then came the yawn, no.... I was already upset cause I was struggling to return to base... actually trying to reach Batumi cause it was closer than Kobuleti and the engine just died cause of fuel starvation and I was semi gliding towards the water and lamenting that I have dumped all the fuel for the training and it would had been excellent if the instructor would just call it off when I was dangerously low on fuel since the bingo was passed from the beginning. Then came the yawn... arrrghhh... :D .

I have opened the mission in ME and saw that there is a second yawn and a snoring trigger... pfff :)

Maybe if you could add a trigger when the fuel is 700 to just call off the AAR and RTB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Guys, I've added two more missions to the Harrier Training Pack, these will be available with the next Wednesday update. However, if you want to grab them earlier, I have updated the link in the first post.

These are:

M03: CONVENTIONAL TAKEOFF AND BASIC HANDLING with two additional versions

M05: SHORT TAKEOFF AND LANDING with five additional versions.

I am making good progress on FARP operations and CASE I landing, these should be out next.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Best regards Baltic_dragon.

:smartass: First of all I congratulate you for these contributions for the Harrier, thanks to your training I am understanding better this emblematic combat aircraft.

I talked to you on Facebook about the great Kneeboard you use in training ...

:thumbup: Thank you again for your time and dedication to this wonderful simulator ...

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

Best regards Baltic_dragon.

:smartass: First of all I congratulate you for these contributions for the Harrier, thanks to your training I am understanding better this emblematic combat aircraft.

I talked to you on Facebook about the great Kneeboard you use in training ...

:thumbup: Thank you again for your time and dedication to this wonderful simulator ...

Ah, slipped my mind to post these. I will do this tomorrow, promise!

Yeah more training missions would be great, especially VTOL.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

And VTOL lesson added to the pack, download link in first post updated.

Appreciated, sir :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

So my DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/AV8BNA/Missions/Training folder contains TM01, TM02, TM03 FULL NIGHT, TM03 FULL,TM03 SHORT HANDLING, TM04 Crosswind, TM04 FULL, TM04 Night, TM04 Short, TM05 FULL NIGHT, TM05 FULL, TM05 SHORT SFNL ONLY CW, TM05 SHORT SFNL ONLY NIGHT, TM05 SHORT SFNL ONLY, TM05 SHORT SVNL, TM06, TM06,TM06,TM06, TM07, TM07, TM07, TM07, TM012, TM012, TM012, TM012, TM014, TM014, TM014, TM014, TM014, TM017x8 etc... but only M01, M02, M04, M14 & M17 show up in the TRAINING section of the game.

Anyone know why?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, two additional missions added to the D/L link in the first post:

TM08 - Forward Operating Base - will teach you how to properly taxi and takeoff from an unprepared runway and then how to land on a stretch of a road that is used as a FOB runway.

TM09 - CASE I - will guide you through the ship alignment, short takeoff, main terms and patterns, recovery and safe landing.

Enjoy!

Thanks Baltic.

I've been flying the Harrier since release and have only started trying out the training missions in the last week. They are awesome, they are a proper learning experience that puts all the other modules' training to shame. Really well structured, educational and I've learned much more about the Harrier and it's systems than I thought I would.

Thanks Lordzarj.I find making them a very good way to learn everything myself, so that I can focus on a good campaign after that. But much of the credit goest to Chicken_Sim who knows the plane inside - out and has helped me a lot with these. Plus Zilch for his excellent voice acting and sense of humour :)

Many thanks BD, great great work.

I tried the FOB TM08: failed miserably the first time, landed "almost" on the road the second time (one wheel in the grass :-)), but once on the road the plane collides with the traffic. Unless I did something wrong, I believe you should set traffic off for this training (?)

Thank you Baltic, will give these a run out :D

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Really enjoying the training missions thanks Baltic, especially the Easter egg at the end of the cold startup :) . Is there any chance of having the start-up kneeboard checklist (and any other relevant checklists) as a separate file please? That way I can add them to my own Harrier kneeboard and pretend I know what all of it means :)

Edit: Do not worry about this please, I found that if I use 7-zip to peel the mission file apart then the kneeboard page images are sitting there ready to go in their own folder.

You really do a lot of work for these missions Baltic.

Edited by Kiwispirits

• 2 weeks later...