DCS World: The new stuff

Grimes

It would be great if we could resupply the warehouse via

1. Applicable transport aircraft with loads modelled (I.e. amount of real world cargo possible)

2. Road transportation cargo carrying vehicles that can remove warehouse inventory from one airfields warehouse (therefore deducting that's warehouse inventory) via road to another airfields warehouse (thereby adding to its inventory).

3. Coastal ships to ports and then onto road transport vehicles to airfield warehouse.

Capturing an enemies base would also add their weapons to your inventory but can't imagine it would be of much use.

The facility to do all of the above via triggers and Lua would be the most flexible approach imo.

As chromium said this can be made with triggers. But can also be made as an unique convoy/ground group mission.

Another aspect that come with this idea is what effect will cause the Communications Infrastructure (cargo airplanes, roads, railways, sea ports...) attack and subsequent destruction, and how the use (or destruction) of Combat Engineer groups can be managed in infrastructures repair or construction.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As chromium said this can be made with triggers. But can also be made as an unique convoy/ground group mission.

Unless you have found this trigger, I don't think there is one yet. It's a wishlist item. Chromium's post starts with "If"

Edited by Krebs20

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I did post this in the wish list thread but had no reply,

is this a new single helipad FARP ? would be awesome if it is :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=66128&stc=1&d=1337347806

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That file has been there since BS1. It'd be nice to have it implemented even though a single chopper can spawn on it at a time. Donno if it actually has a texture though.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

Would be nice to have it working for world, opens up interesting scenarios for mission writers and makes placing a farp a lot easy in tight valleys and so on.

thanks for the reply :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I see "SET ACTIVE HELPER GATE TO POINT" trigger etc. Is that the loops to fly through? Didnt see them static objects anywhere, do you attach them to triggers?

PS I'm a bit scared about the "werehouses" in ME. Are they new? Like with teeth and everything...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

no problem to use the "werehouses" at normal days- but they are not absolute functionally up to now.

This resource management should be functional when FC3 will be integrated.

But be aware that hell can break loose when using them at Full-moon!!!

I wouldn't land at the base without a 45 with silver-bullets.

And I want point you to this:Custom Kneeboard Page

Screen_120530_232834.jpg

Edited by PeterP

I see "SET ACTIVE HELPER GATE TO POINT" trigger etc. Is that the loops to fly through? Didnt see them static objects anywhere, do you attach them to triggers?

I saw this post earlier, but forgot to reply.

I haven't really messed with the gates much yet, however it appears the gates location and orientation are based off of the flight plan setup in the mission editor and likely only work for players.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Good info here, thanks.

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

• 6 months later...