F-14 and Warthog Hotas Issue (Thrust doesnt work properly)

zombifiziert

Hi,

after purchase this great model i tried to configure my warthog hotas - which works fine with the A10C and other models.

But with the Heatblur F-14 Tomcat the thrust just doesnt work, even though its just an axis-thing.

first of all when i moved it after defined in dcs settings it doesnt move at all.

next, what is really strange to me, when i use the trottle within the settings (shows what it does below the relevant field - should move from 0 to full bar and back, when i pull it back to zero) starting at idle position, it moves backwards, means from 100% to zero - zero when throttle is at half thrust, which it considers as idle, then - pushing further up to 100% - it wents negative thrust until reaching 100% backwards.

so:

throttle moves backwards,

considers half thrust as idle,

pushing over half - it wents backwards.

which is kind of strange, because first of all it works with other models without problems, i know u can set those stuff in other games when wanted, but here i cant even chose another mode to do so.

what the heck can i do?

any calibration tools i dont know about?

firmware and drivers are up to date and both are properly set up.

couldnt find anything about this issue at all in the whole internet, even in mandarin and suaheli - nothing.

heeeeeeeeelp plz.

Warthog throttle works ok for me.

Double check you don't have another axis mapped to the throttle in the control settings for the F-14.

The reversed throttle movement you mention isn't a problem, it depends how the axis is configured... some modules map the throttle that way and others on the other way, you have an invert axis option in the axis setting to invert the mapping if you are backwards.

due to the fact that the throttel works fine in both other models and in modes where the f14 isnt cold and dark, i assume it must have something to do with unlocking stuff i never heard of.

first i thought it was the wingsweepcover - which i never closed, because i didnt find out that i need to push the wingsweeplever in and THEN close the cover.

but it turned out the throttles still dont work.

how can i unlock the throttle?

i m sure thats the thing!

thx in advance.

---

finally i think i v got it: i defined the off position - which in fact acts like a button in dcs - as "left (right) engine cutoff" and defined the axises from IDLE-Position up to 100%, and it seems to work. strangly enough, the a10c isnt different and i didnt need to do that there and strange that it worked when i didnt run the ac CnDark ^^ .

but well, i test it again and we ll see. phew, hours!

Edited by zombifiziert

14 works fine on warthog hotas, just have to bind the axes properly. I'd just delete the current axis bindings and re-map them manually. Should only take a few minutes to get them right.

If that doesn't work, do you have some special setup in the TARGET software?