Force Feedback Joystick Coming soon

The price is a bit out of reach for me at the moment. But i'm really interested in the GAUSS's F-15C grip there, is there a place to get it?

Yeah, base is beyond the price I would pay for something so far unproven, but the grip does interest me.

From the news available at present, our torque is not as good as Brunner. We don't want to deny this, but the actual feeling on the hand depends on the extended distance, the weight of the joystick and other factors. At least someone thinks it's too heavy (he has my double muscle)

We will make a review as soon as possible so that everyone can have a clear understanding.

From the news available at present, our torque is not as good as Brunner. We don't want to deny this, but the actual feeling on the hand depends on the extended distance, the weight of the joystick and other factors. At least someone thinks it's too heavy (he has my double muscle)

Without an extension the torque will definitely be enough, don't worry.

And the whole extension thing really depends on the parameters.

Even Brunner highly disrecommend using an extension because of the troubles that such a setup can bring.

Ultimately it depends on the specific setup if it makes sense or not.

Without an extension the torque will definitely be enough, don't worry.

And the whole extension thing really depends on the parameters.

Even Brunner highly disrecommend using an extension because of the troubles that such a setup can bring.

Ultimately it depends on the specific setup if it makes sense or not.

If you want to use an extension and fly chopper, then the Warthog or cougar metal sticks are too heavy for use with the Brunner CLS-E joystick base. for normal planes its fine.

I got quoted by ranma whoohoo :) rocking my new MongoosT50cm2 stick with both the 5 cm and 7,5 cm extensions and man it is a world of difference. Flying choppers is a dream now. Looking forward to new FFB bases. Competition is good.

Yeah, base is beyond the price I would pay for something so far unproven, but the grip does interest me.

I have been looking years for the F-15C grip beside the Suncom stick. the Hornet grip is close, but this is still better :)

We are actively producing more

Sounds good. One quick question, for the trim hat, is it 8-way/4-way with push down ? The real F-15 grip has the trim hat as 8-way with pushdown and none of the stick that I have found can do that.

Working on updates...

If you want to use an extension and fly chopper, then the Warthog or cougar metal sticks are too heavy for use with the Brunner CLS-E joystick base. for normal planes its fine.

I got quoted by ranma whoohoo :) rocking my new MongoosT50cm2 stick with both the 5 cm and 7,5 cm extensions and man it is a world of difference. Flying choppers is a dream now. Looking forward to new FFB bases. Competition is good.

That is true. The good thing however is that the Brunner is so precise that you don't really need an extension to fly choppers. Or at least I don't. :)

Of course it's less realistic to do it without extension, but it's doable.

I have been looking years for the F-15C grip beside the Suncom stick. the Hornet grip is close, but this is still better :)

Sounds good. One quick question, for the trim hat, is it 8-way/4-way with push down ? The real F-15 grip has the trim hat as 8-way with pushdown and none of the stick that I have found can do that.

We have 8-way with push down.

Make it all from plastic, support only a 2x 4-way hats and 2 buttons + trigger, make the FF engine only deliver 200g force Max, and price it for 199€ for those who want it all just for low price, and ready to buy a new one in a year.

Now, seriously. There is a difference do you go after 20% market or 5% market, but there will be someone who pays for high quality and high performance. But they is required to be delivered in first time.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Make it all from plastic, support only a 2x 4-way hats and 2 buttons + trigger, make the FF engine only deliver 200g force Max, and price it for 199€ for those who want it all just for low price, and ready to buy a new one in a year.

Now, seriously. There is a difference do you go after 20% market or 5% market, but there will be someone who pays for high quality and high performance. But they is required to be delivered in first time.

I'm in that latter group, but I don't wanna be the beta tester either.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yesterday I made a not very scientific measurement of the force provided by my modified dual MSFFB2 setup. I have cougar grip in it and the stick should have around four times the force of the original MSFFB2. I got out a 1,1kg force measured at the top of the stick which is 35cm from the gimbal. That is around 3,7Nm from the motors so it is quite close to what this stick has to offer and I say that it is quite good for such a small stick. I am definitely interested in this one. In my stick the cougar grip is on an 15cm extension and there is no big problems but my stick additionally has a counterweight which helps the situation quite a bit.

Adding a counterweight below the stick improves the handling with extensions and heavy grips remarkably and it actually removes the problems. So I would suggest to FoxHoundcn that it could be a good idea in the future to add an option for a counterweight to your sticks if it could be easily done. This video shows what I mean by counterweight https://www.veoh.com/watch/v16515202T5KXeDX7?h1=Cougar+FFB+Mod

It would be enough to have a possibility to remove part of the bottom plate and be able to screw an additional shaft to the gimbal and then users could add correct amount of weight to counter the weight of the used grip.

How well does this stick support VPC Mongoos T-50CM2 grip. Does all functions like the analog hand brake work or is it the same as the Mongoos grip attached on to a Cougar or Warthog?

Do you have any estimate when this will be available?

Now we just need to have ED to have one of these sticks when they are released so they could start to improve the FFB support :joystick: . Good times :thumbup:

This base might just be great with the Realsimulator's F-16 grip, as that grip doesn't care which base it is mounted on. The buttons and switches can be operated solely via bluetooth connection to the PC. It is also a lot lighter than the Warthog's grip which is a huge advantage with forcefeedback.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Yesterday I made a not very scientific measurement of the force provided by my modified dual MSFFB2 setup. I have cougar grip in it and the stick should have around four times the force of the original MSFFB2. I got out a 1,1kg force measured at the top of the stick which is 35cm from the gimbal. That is around 3,7Nm from the motors so it is quite close to what this stick has to offer and I say that it is quite good for such a small stick. I am definitely interested in this one. In my stick the cougar grip is on an 15cm extension and there is no big problems but my stick additionally has a counterweight which helps the situation quite a bit.

Adding a counterweight below the stick improves the handling with extensions and heavy grips remarkably and it actually removes the problems. So I would suggest to FoxHoundcn that it could be a good idea in the future to add an option for a counterweight to your sticks if it could be easily done. This video shows what I mean by counterweight https://www.veoh.com/watch/v16515202T5KXeDX7?h1=Cougar+FFB+Mod

It would be enough to have a possibility to remove part of the bottom plate and be able to screw an additional shaft to the gimbal and then users could add correct amount of weight to counter the weight of the used grip.

How well does this stick support VPC Mongoos T-50CM2 grip. Does all functions like the analog hand brake work or is it the same as the Mongoos grip attached on to a Cougar or Warthog?

Do you have any estimate when this will be available?

Now we just need to have ED to have one of these sticks when they are released so they could start to improve the FFB support :joystick: . Good times :thumbup:

Very interesting transformation, but our structure is different from FFB2, not a universal joint.

T-50 has the same signal as Warthog, so you can use it directly in the program.

The MongoosT-50CM2 grip is "compatible" with the Warthog base, but not all the buttons will work unless the base specifically supports the grip. What sydost and I are asking is if this new FFB base is only compatible with the subset of buttons that are "TM Warthog compatible", or if it will support all the buttons on the T-50CM2. Based on your response though, it sounds like only the TM Warthog compatible buttons will work, but not all of them.

The MongoosT-50CM2 grip is "compatible" with the Warthog base, but not all the buttons will work unless the base specifically supports the grip. What sydost and I are asking is if this new FFB base is only compatible with the subset of buttons that are "TM Warthog compatible", or if it will support all the buttons on the T-50CM2. Based on your response though, it sounds like only the TM Warthog compatible buttons will work, but not all of them.

Through the software, we can adapt any kind of joystick as long as his protocol is compatible and do not need to worry about the number of buttons

Through the software, we can adapt any kind of joystick as long as his protocol is compatible and do not need to worry about the number of buttons

Can you add changing the base device VID/PID to your software so a TM grip used on your base can be compatible with TM Target software? I've asked a few times, but didn't get an answer.

I presume there are others who use Target exclusively with their TM HOTAS + Cougar MFD's and who would very much appreciate having this option.

Also, can you post a video showing how your base handles a rather heavy TM grip?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

If you can spoof the VID and PID on this thing like the Virpil’s base then I would definitely be interested.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/