Trackir Unplugged/Plugged message... Still!

Also removed from USB's....

Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas

keyboard

Mouse

No effect, nothing...

Even removing ALL USB devices still makes the device manager flash every minute or sometimes several times...

It is the same on my side.

Edited by GKOver

A few times, I got this error only when I did alt+tab.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...

Another strange behaviour: If I am removing the TrackIR from the USB-Port, I am still getting the Trackir Unplugged/Plugged message randomly!!!

(Although it is not plugged in anymore!)

-> I would assume that this bug is inside DCS World and not the TrackIR device or driver.

Flyer I have been getting x52 disconnect in recent day's and also reports of malware at DCS exe. Thought may be a false positive, but not sure. During F 16 startup the other day I got the disconnect three time in a row after exiting dcs each time and restarting. I decided to unplug my internet connection and try flying offline and the disconnect stopped. Recent flights with internet connection have been without problems but I am still nervous so I unplug modem when not in use:(:( Our world is in turmoil.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Right some news:

After many weeks of investigation and testing I have found a resolution for now:

The answer for me was:

The LED edge connector under the I/O shroud on my motherboard was not quite connected or loose!!!!

I have an Asus ROG STRIX Z370 E Gaming Mobo and I noticed that my onboard IO port shroud had stopped illuminating as it should. This was I thought purely coincidental and I have never bothered with installing the Aura app to control it as I have no additional LED strips but even deciding to download the Aura app and running it did nothing to bring it back and illuminate. After some research I discovered others had the same issue with the LED not functioning.

The fix to get the LED resolved was to remove the mobo completely and carefully remove the IO shroud which will expose the edge connector for the LED. THE CLUE TO THE TRACK IR UNPLUGGED ISSUE LIES HERE. I surmised that if the Aura app can manipulate a shroud LED then the LED must be a device under device manager so before I proceeded I opened device manager, opened DCS in a window and ran the sim. Every time I got the notification and subsequent pause I noticed a Device Manager refresh! This was for me completely predictable under my suspicions so after several minutes of this I decided to shut down and do the work on the shroud.

In short, it worked, the Track IR message has gone, I have now re-installed my camera and track IR and used DCS for over 4 hours without a single issue except the usual pauses and glitches but NO Track IR unplugged messages at all.

Conclusion

As suspected, after I noticed the Device Manager refreshing at the same time as the message TrackIR Unplugged / plugged message appeared / disappeared which suggested to me it was hardware. After many previous hours adding and removing software and USB devices to no avail, finding the LED shroud connector being loose was my answer.

This may not be your answer and I am in no way suggesting you all disassemble your rigs but check out you device manager, check your led and other devices as in the end it was hardware not software although DCS still has these annoying pauses even though my rig is high spec:

Rog Strix Z370 E G

32 GB Ram

i7 8700 4.7GHz

Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB OC

Hope this helps somebody out as it did me....

Edited by nickcdart
  • Like 2

I had a similar issue and just got tired of the problem so I bought Trackhat out of England and since then, I have had no issues. I bought the camera and wireless led set and have never had any discount issues. Also what is nice about Trackhat is that you can start or restart it even while you are in the game.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

SSDP in the END!

I had a similar issue and just got tired of the problem so I bought Trackhat out of England and since then, I have had no issues. I bought the camera and wireless led set and have never had any discount issues. Also what is nice about Trackhat is that you can start or restart it even while you are in the game.

Just as an update, the issue was not gone until I found this forum with this solution and so far it has worked for me:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10device-manager-keeps-refreshing/85be52ef-414f-4a3e-8a62-d30ee74d6575?page=2&rtAction=1572116207711

SSDP!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? I’ve spent most of the day searching for an answer and failed miserably. Ive tried most things in this thread but to no avail. It’s got to be hardware related as the hardware list in DM refreshes each time, but I don’t see any activity in USBDeview, which is weird.

ive removed all usb devices, inc TIR, but it still persisted. It’s driving me crazy!

I’m now wondering if it could be Mobo/lighting related as per this post:

Right some news:

After many weeks of investigation and testing I have found a resolution for now:

The answer for me was:

The LED edge connector under the I/O shroud on my motherboard was not quite connected or loose!!!!

I think I've isolated my issue to my Corsair H100i Platinum cooler - since disabling iCue software I've had no issues (in an hour or so at least, as opposed to every 30 sec or so before...)

Some interesting info in this thread for anyone still having issues:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=184745

Also look at what software you have installed that might poll the hardware sensors e.g. CPU-Z, HWINFO64 etc

Edited by CrashEd

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

So I've been trying to fix this issue for over a year now to avail. Today I posted (well I tried) to post on the NaturalPoint forum about this and although my post hasn't been approved yet, someone from NaturalPoint must have seen it cause they magically posted a response on a thread that's almost a year old 10mins after I submitted mine. I'm not sure they are correct about this as I've tried unplugging everything and still get the same issue and I've let them know this as well.

They have stated the following;

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=19034#p71901

"There is currently a bug in DCS which limits the amount of USB devices that can be connected at once. I am not aware of a solution, but please try to limit the use of USB devices while using DCS to troubleshoot this issue." 

I have at least 8 different things plugged into mine (2 are via unpowered hub and I didn't include the mouse dongle plugged into the TIR in the count) and I've never had issues with my TIR.  Not sure what they consider the upper limit that causes issues, but I'd be skeptical that DCS is at fault.

15 hours ago, rob10 said:

I have at least 8 different things plugged into mine (2 are via unpowered hub and I didn't include the mouse dongle plugged into the TIR in the count) and I've never had issues with my TIR.  Not sure what they consider the upper limit that causes issues, but I'd be skeptical that DCS is at fault.

I tend to agree with you rob10. I'm wondering if they have had a conversation with ED about this? I'm also curious as to what ED thinks of this statement? Unfortunately I'm no closer to finding a solution to this issue. 😞

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I didn’t read the whole thread, so this might have come up already. 
I started getting the Track-IR plugged/unplugged thing in the last couple of month.

After disabling Device Hotplug in the control settings it never happened since.

You might wanna try this.

• Like 1

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 4:35 AM, Dustoff74 said:

Hey guys,

I started getting the Track-IR plugged/unplugged thing in the last couple of month.

Hey good news Dustoff74! I'll have to give this a try. 

On 3/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, Dustoff74 said:

Hey guys,

This cured the constant connect/disconnect for me. Particularly annoying in VR.

Many thanks Dustoff74!

• 2 years later...
On 3/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, Dustoff74 said:

Hey guys,

Hey Dustoff,

where exactly is this option located?
I'm suffering from it as well & extreme slowdowns while it happens.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

21 minutes ago, TheCabal said:

Hey Dustoff,

where exactly is this option located?
I'm suffering from it as well & extreme slowdowns while it happens.

image.png

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg