DCS level Space sim?

Revan

Is there any space sim out there that is anywhere close to the level of detail that DCS has? if so, then what is it? (I already know about Kerbal Space Program, I play it regularly and it is AWESOME!)

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Elite dangerous looks like it gets lot of detail with system modelling etc. Still in development. Currently alpha testing is going on. Look it up at YT.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Orbiter looks cool as it is free, and i meant real life type sims, not something in the "far future".

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

This game certainly has one of the best PR campaigns ever and I think it will be a good game, but firstly, it is not "out there" because you can't play it yet, and secondly, I think not having orbital dynamics automatically disqualifies you for "DCS level space sim."

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Orbiter with Apollo as mentioned above easily matches/exceeds DCS in real life button pushing procedures. Ever booted up the computer in the Apollo module? If you want, you follow through every single button push/procedure required to launch. This makes performing a full ground start with the A-10C look exciting and quick, but truly teaches people what astronaut training really took: years of procedural training.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just went and got a TON of addons for orbiter, and installed orbiter itself. too late tonight for me to play it, maybe on the weekend

Awesome! Need to try it out...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

anyone know of a good orbiter tutorial, because i have looked, and i cannot find any good ones.

Space Shuttle Mission 2007 is the best for the Space Shuttle.

Orbiter by far is the best for anything else. Mercury and Gemini addons, as well as Apollo program addons by NASSP and AMSO.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 5 years later...