Idiot's guide to re-fuelling in VR?

ozav8r

I have searched the forums in vain, so hope someone can point me in the right direction? I have purchased both the Argo and the new Worlds Apart Campaigns and find that upon starting the campaign the fuel tank is empty, and hence the chopper won't start. I have only flown the HUEY in Quick Missions where you hop in and get going with fuel and arms loaded. So - how can I get fuel and weapons quickly, and preferably while remaining in VR?

Thanks for your help - Eivind

Lctrl '

Ensure radios are set properly.

Sorry - I'm new to DCS coming from other sim platforms. What is a "proper" radio setting to get fuelling! Again - have tried my best to study the HUEY manual but am none-the-wiser:(

Hi "ozav8r"

Check out your radio frequency ,for each place there is a radio frequency to call refueling.

Also if the mission run from farp ,you have to be more close to farp to get refueling.

see you

Thanks - and how do I find out what frequency is required for each airfield?

Airfield frequencies are listed on the F10 map view when clicking on an airfield.

That said, to speak to the ground crew you only need to either A) have cockpit door open and engine off or B) set the selector dial to interphone

Thanks very much - setting selector dial to interphone is most likely the crucial bit I've missed!

Cheers and thanks

I have purchased both the Argo and the new Worlds Apart Campaigns and find that upon starting the campaign the fuel tank is empty ...

Strange. I flew the first mission of the "Worlds Apart" campaign just last Friday and the Huey had a full fuel tank.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Are you sure the tank is empty? I've never seen a mission that starts with an empty fuel tank, and btw I have both campaigns, and I believe the tank is not empty...

Do you do the startup procedure correctly?

I think you might miss one of these steps:

- turn the yellow fuel switch on the center console to on

- turn the throttle to about half position

Thanks for all your feedback guys, (and for not shouting a noobie down in flames;-)) My mistake was not turning on the A/C inverter in the overheadpanel. I also had to click and turn on the throttle, as for some reason my OE-XAM collective (that works in all other scenarioes) is non-responsive until the engine is started and on speed.

So, I'm on my way and got the first mission in "Worlds Apart" well underway. At least until I got to the first bridge inspection, where I did my thing low level while Wolf-1 decided to fly around in endless circles overhead and decided not to talk to me anymore;-) That however, is for a different thread....;-)

I also had to click and turn on the throttle, as for some reason my OE-XAM collective (that works in all other scenarioes) is non-responsive until the engine is started and on speed.)

Happens with my TWCS throttle too. It's particular to the Huey. Found this possible explanation:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2105411&postcount=5

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV