[RESOLVED] Gear not raising properly during MP

Nealius

My first flight in the Anton was offline and I had zero issues whatsoever. Fun 40 minute flight from ramp to ramp.

I recently tried multiplayer, and the gear would consistently fail to raise on takeoff every single time. By "fail," I mean that the gear would raise, the indicator pins in the wings would stow, but the gear would fail to lock, thus falling back down. It would also not lock in the down position. In external view, pressing the gear down button would lock the gear down, and pressing gear up would result in the same partial retraction followed by partial extension.

Indicated airspeed at the time I retract the gear is between 150 and 200kph in both online and offline sessions. The landing gear failures only occur online, never offline.

Track attached.

Batumi Warbirds-20190608-233929.trk

You didn't read my post. The undercarriage breaker was on, and can be confirmed by OBS video I recorded as well as the above track.

The gear also would raise, but fail to lock. If the undercarriage breaker were off, then the gear wouldn't raise at all.

After more testing, the gear is extremely sensitive to airspeed over multiplayer for some strange reason. On a second flight, I retarded my throttle once airborne to stay between 200-250kph while raising the gear. Both port and starboard gear pins retracted. I started accelerating through 300kph, when suddenly the starboard gear pin started coming back out again. I slowed down to around 300kph and the gear pin retracted again. I was good for the rest of the flight.

On a third attempt, I stayed around 220kph or so until the entire gear retraction cycle completed, and things were fine.

However, I do not experience this behavior in single player.

I concur on the sensibility of gear to speed in MP.

Above 250, retracting gear becomes difficult.

I didn't test in SP

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

That's it! It's not the gear or its control switches, it's the gear's circuit breaker that's stuck permanently down even when it's off. It looks like it's on by default at spawn time but it's not, you have to click it (and it won't move, it also won't pop up if you hit the red button).

The gear seem very sensitive to airspeed too but that's to be expected.

Finally I can fly this online!

Not sure why it only happens in multiplayer. Probably the variable is uninitalized and it's whatever was in memory when the object is instantiated.

One more symptom of the gear circuit breaker animation issue. I'm aware now that you need to click the CB on for the gear to work, and there'll be no animation of the button or click sound. But when you hit the red button to turn it off you will hear a click. But unlike every other circuit breaker, you'll hear the red button click again if you press it again. (If the CB switch is already popped up there's nothing to make a click sound and all of the other CB's only allow one red click, repeated clicks on the red button produce no sound or animation.) Maybe a clue there.

Hello,

I am also facing to a pb to retract the landing gear.

With a Fw190A-8 from a starting with “Take off from runway” or in flight, it is working well to retrac or to raise the landing gear.

When I start a mission from a cold engine state, I do not manage to retract the landing gear (checked also by external view). In the cockpit the “Rollwerk” set of buttons works according to the command done by the key-G or with the mouse, but the landing gear still lower. However, the mechanical indicators give the correct information (in that case, landing gear lower).

I did tests to retract the landing gear at low speed (< 250km/h & even <200km/h), I was in SP mission.

I have noticed that in the circuit breaker panel, the “undercarriage control” button does not work “ON” or “OFF” position. This "Undercarriage control" button is set on ON position when the “repeater compass” button is set ON.

I have the latest Stable release.

Belly

Edited by Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

Hello,

I am also facing to a pb to retract the landing gear.

With a Fw190A-8 from a starting with “Take off from runway” or in flight, it is working well to retrac or to raise the landing gear.

When I start a mission from a cold engine state, I do not manage to retract the landing gear (checked also by external view). In the cockpit the “Rollwerk” set of buttons works according to the command done by the key-G or with the mouse, but the landing gear still lower. However, the mechanical indicators give the correct information (in that case, landing gear lower).

I did tests to retract the landing gear at low speed (< 250km/h & even <200km/h), I was in SP mission.

I have noticed that in the circuit breaker panel, the “undercarriage control” button does not work “ON” or “OFF” position. This "Undercarriage control" button is set on ON position when the “repeater compass” button is set ON.

I have the latest Stable release.

Belly

You have to push/mouseklick the undercarriage control CB despite it looking already pushed in. This is a bug. Push this CB and the gear should raise up.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 1 month later...

idem for me

The gear rectract and suddenly goes down (when he is retracted in fact).

Even a slow speed does nothig at all.

please help me

before the last update, it did not happen like that

"You have to push/mouseklick the undercarriage control CB despite it looking already pushed in. This is a bug. Push this CB and the gear should raise up."

it does nothing too

Edited by RommY

idem for me

The gear rectract and suddenly goes down (when he is retracted in fact).

Even a slow speed does nothig at all.

please help me

before the last update, it did not happen like that

"You have to push/mouseklick the undercarriage control CB despite it looking already pushed in. This is a bug. Push this CB and the gear should raise up."

it does nothing too

Check the CBs are in if that happens. Stay below 300km/h. Do not pull Gs during retraction, pushing a little in the last phase of retraction helps. The CB for the landing gear is probably a little bit too sensitive.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

you said : "Check the CBs are in if that happens. Stay below 300km/h. Do not pull Gs during retraction, pushing a little in the last phase of retraction helps. The CB for the landing gear is probably a little bit too sensitive.

"

I'm not very strong in english so what about "CB" and "Gs"

and thanks a lot for your answers

Not sure how this discussion got onto the circuit breaker (CB), as that was properly engaged in every flight. In MP to get good gear up I had to stay below 300km/h, ideally 250km/h. In SP I could blast through 300km/h and the gear would still raise.....

I'm not very strong in english so what about "CB" and "Gs"

CB = circuit breaker

G = gravitational force. 1G = level flight. If you are pulling back on the stick you are increasing the G load (Gs) which 'pulls' the gear down and makes retraction more difficult or even prevents it.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Yeah I've finally been managing to get them up by climbing harder than I would normally feel is safe to keep the airspeed dangerously low.

Was finally able to drop the bomb too, must have been a CB issue in all my previous attempts. Most of the arming positions don't seem to work except for dive/delay though.

No bug ?

So this is not a bug that the CB is poping out sometimes for no reason ?

Gear up lock after take off.

Get in dog with P51 (didn't take a hit). But after one turn the CB pop out ....

Don't tell me it's not a bug !

Bind battery and gen so you have quick acces.

Fix will come later in this milenium, be patient

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

No quick access could help. During the dogfight it pop out 4 - 5 times.

Then I crash because I can't handle a P51 and the poor conception of this module at the same time ...

Something funny is that is the second time thos happen. But never in the first flight. Always in second flight with Fw 190A

Fix will come later in this milenium, be patient

The thread is marked as "NO BUG". So it won't be fixed at all. Disappointing!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The thread is marked as "NO BUG". So it won't be fixed at all. Disappointing!

Dont you know ED?

First is alwayes denial then it slowly transforming to cognition then in to acknowledgment.

And after some time fix will happen

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Dont you know ED?

First is alwayes denial then it slowly transforming to cognition then in to acknowledgment.

And after some time fix will happen

I would like to share your optimism; hope you are right.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5