What's missing?

dudeman17

If this thread is in the wrong spot, please move it.

This thread is for the community to see some of the things that DCS Nevada has and some of the things that are missing. Please don't take this as a complaint to the developers, I respect their hard work and understand the task that is replicating something especially to this detail. Additionally, I recognize the fact that the map was specifically designed around the test and training range (hence the name NTTR) but these would still be nice additions.

First thing is, given the area that is mapped out in Nevada using MGRS, some big airfields that I have found and would like to see in the game at some point are Edwards AFB, China Lake NAWS, Kingman Airport, Barstow-Daggett Airport, and the grand canyon airfield. (see attachments)

SYG9DVnSYG9DVn

Other issues that I have discovered are the QFE adjustments given out by the ATC are incorrect. At Tonopah recently I was given a QFE of 24.51, which is not even possible. the ATC will give a QFE to set the airfield elevation to zero on your altimeter however it should be correcting for the density altitude so that your altimeter will read your altitude above sea level. The next is the blacked out cockpit in the A-10 (see attachments)

I suspect that most of these changes are already planned and I know that a re-worked ATC is in the goals for 2.5. but I'm excited and want to share my enthusiasm with others.

Now Please Make Me An F-16C!

Screen_170625_221925.thumb.jpg.cbfcb207a760077cee625bc76d6b8747.jpg

Screen_170526_212037.thumb.jpg.9bd7f02b3a59e741fb4bcc040210f871.jpg

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

Some weeks ago, Wags stated that they won't build any other airfields on the Nevada map. So, only bugfixing is left.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's disappointing. It would be nice to have at least all military airfields within the area. I understand not doing all of them as there are hundreds of little patches of sand referred to as runways on a sectional. But I would expect at least Edwards and China lake.

But I'll take what I can get.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

Hi,

DCS World Weekend Update

15 January 2016

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2644657&postcount=11

DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map Update

We continue working on improvements to the Nevada map that includes fixing bugs and implementing new features. The following will be available in the coming months:

Add Tonopah Air Force Base

Add additional airfields and landing strips to the central (detailed) portion of the map

Add the National Training Center (NTC)

Only the NTC is still missing

Hi,

DCS World Weekend Update

15 January 2016

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2644657&postcount=11

DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map Update

We continue working on improvements to the Nevada map that includes fixing bugs and implementing new features. The following will be available in the coming months:

Add Tonopah Air Force Base

Add additional airfields and landing strips to the central (detailed) portion of the map

Add the National Training Center (NTC)

Only the NTC is still missing

Wags tell some weeks ago NTTR has actually complete. Dont expect NTC.

Enviado desde mi GT-S7580 mediante Tapatalk

I'd love to see Edward's and the dry lake bed and later concrete runway for the shuttles added. God I hated landings out there in the summer. Between the heat of Edward's, plus saying the orbiter, most of us were ready to drop out by the end of the day. Kennedy was always cooler, even in the summer, and we could safe and roll straight into the orbiters OPF, and if we wanted to call it a day then we could.

6D80k38.jpg

I already posted about the qfe in NTTR and this is the response I got from NeilWillis

You should set your altimeter to QNH when operating in the NTTR area. The airfields are all well above sea level, and you cannot reduce the altitude enough given the range of the adjustment. For example, Nellis is at 1867 ft above sea level (QNH), so you should set your altimeter to that altitude. Don't try to use QFE because you cannot zero the altimeter at such high altitudes.

Also, it is worth bearing in mind that the transition altitude (QNE) in the USA is much higher than Europe, at 18,000 ft instead of 5000 ft.

So, there is no bug in the current system, it is merely that the altitude of the airfields is too high to allow you to set zero feet. For absolute altitude above the ground, you can simply use the radar altimeter.

So, there is no bug in the current system, it is merely that the altitude of the airfields is too high to allow you to set zero feet. For absolute altitude above the ground, you can simply use the radar altimeter.

There is a bug, the ATC shouldn't give you QFE altitudes, at least not in Nevada, and that's what the thread author is pointing out. But it's been reported many times, I'm sure ED are well aware of the fact that ATC needs overhaul.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

A long time ago it was said that the whole ATC package is getting overhauled. No doubt there will be better local operational variation along with that.

NTC would be a very useful addition, and I am sure that given time, ED will re-visit NTTR. Unfortunately they have had to prioritize stuff like the F/A-18. I am sure given the choice between another airfield, or a whole new airframe, their priorities might be considered wise?

I'd read "not yet" rather than "not at all" into the info we currently have on NTTR. Truth is though, we can never be sure. Those people at ED do like their surprises!