AOA Indexer Illumination Level

Emmy

I’m aware of the illumination handle on the side of the display, but through which lighting dial can I turn it down to an absolute bare minimum (if not completely off?)

With NVGs on, even at the lowest setting, it blooms so badly that I can’t look at my 12 to 10 o’clock making station keeping difficult in fighting wing or wedge right.

TIA...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I hardly ever notice it.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of how yours looks at night at minimal illumination with nominal NVG brightness?

Maybe I’ve got some issue about which I’m not aware...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

There is a switch on the right hand side of the cockpit in front of the lighting panel that dims all of the caution lights and AoA indexer for NVG compatibility etc. I'm not near my computer so I can't check exactly. But poke around and you'll find it,

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Here it is in a Rift S with all night lighting selected and adjusted. Its bright right at the AoA indexer but in Vr it doesnt white out the image preventing you to see outside the Pit. Do agree it should go lower when the Night Light switch is flipped.

My gamma is at 1.4

Tested in night free flight instant action mission

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• 2 months later...

Bumping this hoping it might get addressed please?

In the latest OB, it might have now gotten a little worse given the other reported “blooming” hot spots on various displays across the DCS universe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

Why are you landing/taking off with NVG's in the 1st place?

81899451.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why are you landing/taking off with NVG's in the 1st place?

The AOA indexer lights are on all the time in the Viper.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP