Door Gunner Problems in VR

skybaby68

Hi. Using Reverb Pro in 2.5.5. and wanting to have a go as a door gunner but the view is facing inward to the gunner seat rendering it completely useless.

I've just been scouring this forum but can find no helpful info on how to rectify this. I've tried both with and without the Track IR aiming and doesn't do a thing.

Checked to see if I'm missing something in the Huey Special Controls menu but there's nothing.

Am I missing something really silly here or is it a known bug?

Edited by skybaby68

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

Reported here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260074

It is a bug in Stable 2.5.5

You can restart the game (edit** or rejoin the server if multiplayer **). Due to this bug it will cycle through each of the 4 different directions after each restart. (Fore/Aft/Port/Starboard directions)

It's great fun when it works.

Fixed in Open Beta 2.5.5.41962

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.5.41962/

DCS UH-1H Huey by ED

Fixed broken view position of door gunner at the second mission run.

You can use that version if you don't want to use 2.5.6 open beta

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

Hi. Using Reverb Pro in 2.5.5. and wanting to have a go as a door gunner but the view is facing inward to the gunner seat rendering it completely useless.

I've just been scouring this forum but can find no helpful info on how to rectify this. I've tried both with and without the Track IR aiming and doesn't do a thing.

Checked to see if I'm missing something in the Huey Special Controls menu but there's nothing.

Am I missing something really silly here or is it a known bug?

I was able to press the "Center View" key 5 on the keypad.