Boundary lines

Topgun505

The search is not working from viewing this on my cell so don't know if this has been asked before. What purpose do boundary lines serve?

Also, are we getting a revised manual any time soon (one with actual diagrams and screenshots, instead of the manual that is missing 50%+ of its image?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

As far as I've understood it: you can, in BANA/GRÄNS mode on the data panel, input one or two compass directions for each navigation waypoint (compass direction towards the waypoint), which are shown on the CI in master mode NAV or SPA together with the circle that shows the location of the waypoint itself (similar to how the runway direction is shown in landing mode). As far as I am aware they are "cosmetic" and have no actual functionality, so they are mainly useful as a reference tool for quickly eyeballing compass directions.

In SPA mode you also have the RUTA polygon (input in VIND/RUTA/MÅL), which is similarly cosmetic and also shown on the CI but instead of two lines it consists of up to eight corner points called R1 through R8 (the CI and CK37 aren't very good at this whole "render 2D polygons" thing though, so the polygon is shown one line at a time, in a loop). You can also add a "center point" for the polygon, which doesn't actually have to be in the actual geometric center (it can actually be outside the polygon boundaries) but does not have any lines connecting it to the other points. Again, this has no functionality as such, but can be used to show boundaries for some important area directly on the radar screen.

Unfortunately the boundary lines with BANA/GRANS don't seem to be working at the moment. The CK37 will take it as an input, but no lines display on the CI. Inputting one boundary line would help with a visual reference for sticking to a planned track/course to a pre-planned target - very useful. Otherwise you have to 'push the head' / 'pull the needle' with the yellow bug on the CI. Reminds me too much of NDB approaches....

Setting boundary lines in real life I guess would be useful for sticking to a pre-planned sector for attack. Maybe for deconfliction purposes for anti-ship missile attack?

The RUTA polygon does actually display as it should and works nicely. Although I can't get the waypoint name to change to R1, R2 etc. It just stays on B1, B2 etc - Is this working as intended?

• 1 year later...