** DCS AJS-37 Development Update + Manual RC1 Release **

Cobra847

Nick, talking about the manual, I have sent you 2 PMs over the last 2 weeks and I haven't received a reply from you.

I can only imagine how many "spam PMs" a dev gets on the forums here, but I guess it's a lot. It's pretty tedious work to go through all of that to manually filter the useful PMs and would take a lot of time away from actual development.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I do sort of understand the frustration in reading the manual, it gives me a bit of a headache but the problem isn't the font. I think it's the traced outline of a Viggen that lies underneath the text on every page. You've essentially got lines running all about and through the text. That's where the issue lies. It needs to be a plain white background, that would be much more pleasurable on the eyes.

Other than that the manual is gold. It's spot on.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

I do sort of understand the frustration in reading the manual, it gives me a bit of a headache but the problem isn't the font. I think it's the traced outline of a Viggen that lies underneath the text on every page. You've essentially got lines running all about and through the text. That's where the issue lies. It needs to be a plain white background, that would be much more pleasurable on the eyes.

Other than that the manual is gold. It's spot on.

+1 :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Sorry you feel that way.

Please get in touch for a refund if you'd like.

We used times new roman (or a font very similar) for it's gold standard in readability and use.

Thanks

No, that's okay - thank you for the offer.

Been thinking and seem to remember having a pdf editor knocking about somewhere - I may be able to change the font to something more easily legible and perhaps larger for me - or if not, export it to a document type where I can. I'm sure the formatting will go a bit pear-shaped, but I can live with that.

As I said, I would like to learn to operate the aircraft.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

While I feel that is way over the top in terms of the typeface. I do agree that it should be consistent with all other DCS manuals. Times Roman just feels a little dated these days.

However, to suggest that it is unusable because of this, is frankly, a bit silly.

When you read with my eyes you can say this again (but you won't) and it seems others aren't overly happy, either.

Now please allow us grown-ups to sort it out, thank you.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I honestly didn't find any problems with the Viggen manual. Some sentences are worded awkwardly but I found the same in the F86 and F5, so it's not restricted to the Viggen.

Now please allow us grown-ups to sort it out, thank you.

No need to be rude to strangers just because you disagree on whether a document is legible or not -.- I'd expect better from a grown-up :P

Times New Roman is, uh... extremely common, to say the least, so if you've got problems with that typeface in particular you've got some pretty big problems. I'm not trying to dispute that the manual is hard to read for you, but I've got to say it's probably something other than the typeface that's causing it.

• 1 month later...

I think I found a small misleading thing in the RC1 on page 175:

no_time_on_target_set_remove_h.png.901cd3156792eb428405c1198857b762.png

Figure 129.

IMHO it would make sense to remove the letter "h" on top of the "7" and shift the "h" over the second number (in our case the "0"), since this "7" doesn't have anything to do with hours, it is just an indication that no time on target is set.

edit: this relates to the Figure 128. as well.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I honestly didn't find any problems with the Viggen manual. Some sentences are worded awkwardly but I found the same in the F86 and F5, so it's not restricted to the Viggen.

No need to be rude to strangers just because you disagree on whether a document is legible or not -.- I'd expect better from a grown-up :P

Youtube is your friend for learning the DCS Viggen, but I would agree the videos Waggs does for the FA\18 go a long way on learning the aircraft.

on page 160, under the figure 118, the text is a copy of the text of the main paragraph. Maybe it should be something different?

my computer:

I've been away from this Module for some time now and I can't believe the progress that's been made. Good job!

Having to retrain my brain for new operability of some systems, not to mention redoing keymap.

Minor tweaks to the manual aside, Was happy to see those "No Photo Available" place holders gone.

Thanks, and can't wait for Tom Cat

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Doc

Currently this contains the RC1 version of the manual.

That is the latest version at the moment.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...

The manual also page 320 for RB-75 checklist under point three is that the master mode selector must be set to NAV.

Should not be put on ANF?

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

I have been flying the Viggen for the last 2 weeks, and I must say that there is something about the whole experience of this module that really touches me.

I have been flying real world for a long time (including commercial), and now finally, I find simulators (especially in VR) to be almost as satisfying.

Great work!

This plane is the shit.

I read this plane is shit! :megalol:

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

It's "shit-good" as we say in Sveden :P

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |